Content error in AMCAS (already submitted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sillyclown21

Reaction score
In my activities section, I talked about a volunteer experience I had over summer.

In the description I explicitly said the experience ended after summer because I went out of town for school. I also explicitly said I came back to visit the place I volunteered that winter break. THEN I said “after nine months of being gone...” but obviously I was only gone for about five months.

originally I had it saying “5 months”, but I wanted to change it to “five” since that’s it’s better to write the number out when writing. But I guess I was going through it when I made this change and wrote “nine” instead of “five,” and I never noticed that when I was proofreading because it was a content error rather than a typo.

i feel like they wouldn’t think I was trying to over exaggerate the experience because I made it clear that it took place during the summer and I visited during winter break. But also they might just think I’m stupid and can’t count. I feel like they’d definitely notice the error but am hoping they won’t

TLDR: am I screwed

Members don't see this ad.

In my activities section, I talked about a volunteer experience I had over summer.

In the description I explicitly said the experience ended after summer because I went out of town for school. I also explicitly said I came back to visit the place I volunteered that winter break. THEN I said “after nine months of being gone...” but obviously I was only gone for about five months.

originally I had it saying “5 months”, but I wanted to change it to “five” since that’s it’s better to write the number out when writing. But I guess I was going through it when I made this change and wrote “nine” instead of “five,” and I never noticed that when I was proofreading because it was a content error rather than a typo.

i feel like they wouldn’t think I was trying to over exaggerate the experience because I made it clear that it took place during the summer and I visited during winter break. But also they might just think I’m stupid and can’t count. I feel like they’d definitely notice the error but am hoping they won’t

TLDR: am I screwed
No, you will be fine.