This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyflgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been studying fro 3 months now, I have been doing flashcards as I go but I have not practiced them as much as I would want to. Last week I sat down with all my flashcards and I realized that except for the ones I did within the last two weeks I can barely remember any content from the chapters I already reviewed. I am using Kaplan 7- book subject review, TBR for physics, EK for CARS, and Khan Academy, but apparently I am not retaining as much information as I need to. I have read some study plans where rereading chapters or going over them quickly is recommended. Should I regularly go back and reread what I have already read? I have also read that I should do more practice but I don't want to waste my section bank questions when I am still half way reviewing and I won't know most of the content. I already did the chapter specific questions as I was reading the chapters. What can I do to retain more information/ practice, I am struggling to devote time to the flashcards but I know they are imperative. I work full time and I am running out of time to study for the exam (June 29th) so sometimes I feel that if I am not reviewing a new chapter I am not moving forward but obviously I am not moving forward this way either. Also, should I only focus on my weakest subjects and leave the easiest ones for the end? For example, I took a diagnostic test and I got 126 fro psych/soc and I know that psych will not be an issue because that was my major so I think I only have to go over it and maybe relearn some terms and I should be ok, but I don't know if it would be a good idea to just ignore psych/soc until near the end of my review. Thoughts on this? I have a little more than 2 months to study, I am in chapter 7 out of 12 and I plan to start taking practice exams after that. Any suggestions on how to improve my productivity will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't re-read them unless it's in direct response to reviewing practice passages.

Content/chapter review should not be a majority of the prep you do for the MCAT. The emphasis should be on section banks, practice passages, and practice FLs. For the MCAT, STEP and COMLEX exams, performance has been strongly correlated with the amount of practice questions done.