content review schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CatDad26

MS2
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
For content review, is it best to focus on one subject at a time (like gen chem week 1, orgo week 2, etc) or alternate subjects by day (like monday chem gen, tuesday orgo, etc)? i’ve heard of people doing both schedules

Members don't see this ad.

For content review, is it best to focus on one subject at a time (like gen chem week 1, orgo week 2, etc) or alternate subjects by day (like monday chem gen, tuesday orgo, etc)? i’ve heard of people doing both schedules

I preferred to alternate because you start to make connections between subjects and observe principles in action in a variety of contexts. The mcat is pretty interdisciplinary and it’s pretty rare to have a passage that only deals with one subject exclusively.

I agree that alternating is the best way to study. If you split the subjects by week, you'll find that you end up forgetting a lot of what you learned, especially if it's on a week schedule. Alternating is a good way to keep things fresh in your mind.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

The best way to review content, IMO, is to create your own Anki deck for concepts that are hard to memorize and to do practice problems (KA is a good place to start).