Continue with GPA repair or double down on the volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anxiousresidue

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Question on my particular situation. I am currently getting ready to take my MCAT( wish me luck) in April. I know this should be my top priority to focus on now, which it is, but I am thinking about my CV at the current moment. I graduated in 2015 with half of the prereqs completed. cGPA was sitting at 3.0 and sGPA 2.5. Currently, with a whole lot of work, I have taken over 60+ credits in the sciences with a gpa of 3.9 and bumped my cgpa and sgpa to 3.25 and 3.5 respectively. Which brings me to my question. Am I A-okay on my GPA? I feel as if I've reached the point of diminishing returns. With my clinical hours sitting at 500 hours and my non-clinical around 200, I feel as though I need to clear a total of 1k hours combined. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Been a long time lurker on these forums and they've helped me greatly. Shoutout to @Goro for the guide on reinvention.

EXTRA tidbit: Would it be wrong/look bad to mention in my PS that I started working at the age of 10 years old at a local dollar store?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, can I ask how many semesters did you take those 60 units? That’s awesome!

Absolutely! Over 3 years, missing out on some semesters due to personal and legal issues. 8 credit semesters with 6 credit accelerated summer quarter semesters sprinkled in too. Hoping they look favorably upon working a full time job.

Well done. Good luck on your MCAT

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user