Continuing Education exemption for new pharmacists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

trailerpark

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My state requires 30 hours by the end of September on EVEN years. I graduated in 2014 so was I only exempt from the 2014 CE requirements or am I also exempt from needing 30 hours by September of this year, 2016?
 
My state requires 30 hours by the end of September on EVEN years. I graduated in 2014 so was I only exempt from the 2014 CE requirements or am I also exempt from needing 30 hours by September of this year, 2016?
My guess is that your exception only applies to your first year. That's how mine was. Shoot an email to the board just to be safe.
 
Depends on when your license expires. Basically you are exempt until your renewal period, whenever that may be. If you are in PA, just wait until August to get your license, then you'll be exempt for 2 years.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I have to pay 130 every year to renew my license before the end of February, but that seems independent of the CE requirement every 2 years at the end of September...