Continuous cell transport?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paymaant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to qVault, "The nuclear envelope is continuous with the endoplasmic reticulum, allowing molecular matter to pass through the pores that join the two structures". I thought the nuclear envelope is continuous with the cytosol. And the cytosol is discontinuous (distinct) with the ER. I didn't think there was any relation between the nucleus and the ER.

Any words of wisdom?

Members don't see this ad.

There is definitely a relationship because the ribosomes are made in the nucleous right. So after the ribosomes are made in the nucleous it leaves there and binds to the Rough ER. They way that ribosomes leave the nucleous to get to the Rough ER is with the nuclear envelope. I hope this helped. If you don't understand, message me and I'll try to explain it better. Good luck

There is definitely a relationship because the ribosomes are made in the nucleous right. So after the ribosomes are made in the nucleous it leaves there and binds to the Rough ER. They way that ribosomes leave the nucleous to get to the Rough ER is with the nuclear envelope. I hope this helped. If you don't understand, message me and I'll try to explain it better. Good luck

That makes much more sense. Thanks!