Copied from USMLE I forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crusher

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured people that could answer this would be reading this forum more than the original forum and I want to know the answer too...

I just took Step 1 on June 21 and I've heard conflicting things about how long it takes to get your scores. The NBME says they hope to get all scores from June out by July 17th but I've heard anything from 3 weeks to 2 months. Any info would be helpful... I guess I'm just a bit anxious is all

Members don't see this ad.

I took Step I in June 2000, it took them 6 weeks to get the score back. Note that they release the scores on Wednesday, so you can call your med school to check. I took Step II in December 2001 and it only took them 3 weeks to get the scores to me.

I took step I in June 2001. It took 4 weeks to get scores back. I t will take between 4 and six weeks. Good luck. i am amazed that 1 year after I take the test and start the residency process, the USMLE step 1 rears its head again. It sticks to you like a flea. Good luck

The reason you get conflicting reports is that there is a wide variation in the amount of time it takes to get your scores back - probably related to number of tests they have to score at each time of the year. In general, 4-6 weeks is about the average.