Copy & Past Misdemeanor Response for Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AB92

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is more of a logistical question, but I am #blessed to live in an state that considers all speeding tickets misdemeanors, regardless of how fast you're going. I know I need to report these when asked if I've been convicted of a misdemeanor. I reported these on the primary application. Now, I'm beginning to receive secondaries and they also ask the misdemeanor question. Some say excluding "traffic violations", so I know I can leave the speeding tickets out on those secondaries, but some only say "excluding parking violations", so I know I still need to report these traffic/speeding violations on those secondaries.

Is it ok for me to copy and paste the same response I have in my primary application for my secondary? I wasn't sure if they were looking for me to give more details. But being that they're speeding tickets, there's not much more for me to say about them. One of them happened 9 years ago (I'm nontrad), and I honestly can't even remember exactly how much over the speed limit I was going. I've even paid for online background checks, and this specific one doesn't show up. I'm not sure if it's because it was so long ago, but, I'm reporting it anyway just in case.

For reference, in the primary, I basically said, I've received 2 speeding tickets on X/X/X and X/X/X/, in a state that considers all speeding tickets misdemeanors. I paid the fines and received no further consequences. I am more aware of my speed and how it affects my safety of that and others on the road.

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If the secondaries give you more words/characters to explain, I would try to expand a little bit. Copy and paste could look lazy. I had to explain a felony arrest that ultimately resulted in my expulsion from school and I recall being able to discuss in a bit more detail on most of the secondaries. Can't remember if I was answering questions about the arrest or the expulsion though.

If the secondaries give you more words/characters to explain, I would try to expand a little bit. Copy and paste could look lazy. I had to explain a felony arrest that ultimately resulted in my expulsion from school and I recall being able to discuss in a bit more detail on most of the secondaries. Can't remember if I was answering questions about the arrest or the expulsion though.
Ok, good idea! I’ll expand a little.
One of the tickets I know how much over the speed limit I was going, but the one from 9 years ago, I can’t. Would it look bad if I said I don’t remember how fast I was going over? But listed the speed for the second one?

Ok, good idea! I’ll expand a little.
One of the tickets I know how much over the speed limit I was going, but the one from 9 years ago, I can’t. Would it look bad if I said I don’t remember how fast I was going over? But listed the speed for the second one?
The specific speed is less important than showing that you understand why speeding is a potential issue for someone who wants to promote health. But I don't think adcoms will be nitpicky since it was a long time ago and a minor offense.

Reactions: 1 user