Cornell and NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an interview this upcoming week at Cornell and NYU. My housing arrangements have just fallen through, and since I have finals, I dont have time to look for something. Does anyone know of any hotels near Cornell and NYU that I can stay at. I really appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

uclaguy32 said:
Hey guys, I have an interview this upcoming week at Cornell and NYU. My housing arrangements have just fallen through, and since I have finals, I dont have time to look for something. Does anyone know of any hotels near Cornell and NYU that I can stay at. I really appreciate everyone's help!

Thanks

Hey,
Have you tried emailing current students to see if you can stay with a host? Hotels in both of those areas are really expensive.
Also, can you tell me when you were complete at Cornell and when they invited you for an interview? Do you know if they are still inviting people and until when they continue to interview? Thanks!

NYMed said:
Hey,
Have you tried emailing current students to see if you can stay with a host? Hotels in both of those areas are really expensive.
Also, can you tell me when you were complete at Cornell and when they invited you for an interview? Do you know if they are still inviting people and until when they continue to interview? Thanks!

I was complete sometime in September and got an interview invitation around late October. I am not sure if they still are inviting people to interview. I have tried to contact students, but no response. I think I might be a little too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
uclaguy32 said:

Thanks

Check out West End Studios. Its a hostel but I stayed in a private room for four days this week and paid only $60/night. Its located right near the subway stop at 103rd and broadway, so pretty much anything on the island is accessible. oh and if they dont have room, check out hostels.com for others

Scoot said:
Check out West End Studios. Its a hostel but I stayed in a private room for four days this week and paid only $60/night. Its located right near the subway stop at 103rd and broadway, so pretty much anything on the island is accessible. oh and if they dont have room, check out hostels.com for others

Ill check that out...thanks

Scoot said:

But just to warn you, it's pretty hard to get from there to both NYU and Cornell. You'd either need to take a VERY long bus ride, or a train and then crosstown bus, or a cab (which is probably your easiest and fastest bet if money is not an issue - should be around 12 bucks or so for Cornell and maybe 25 for NYU).

NYMed said:
But just to warn you, it's pretty hard to get from there to both NYU and Cornell. You'd either need to take a VERY long bus ride, or a train and then crosstown bus, or a cab (which is probably your easiest and fastest bet if money is not an issue - should be around 12 bucks or so for Cornell and maybe 25 for NYU).

Damn. Are the two schools far from each other?

uclaguy32 said:
Damn. Are the two schools far from each other?

about 30 or 40 short blocks from each other... (so yeah, the cornell cab ride would probably be closer to 17 bucks) very easy to get from one to the other by train (although both are a good 10 minute walk from the stop), but since both are all the way east, and that hostel is west, its very hard to get from the west side to the east side in ny (since the trains run parallel to each other down the island, and don't really cross over, especially in the uptown area)