Cornell March Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Exactly my worries girls and guys... 20-25 off a WL, but how many offer do they make before they get those 20-25 AND how big is their freakin WL?! I could imagine judging from there being about 15-20 people on SDN who were waitlisted that it is probably 100-150 people at least. But who knows, Cornell interviewers could also just correlate with people who read and post on SDN, wouldn't that be an interesting trend :laugh:

EDIT: Went back through this thread and counted about 22 WLs posted.

Members don't see this ad.

perhaps we should start a list of those accepting a spot on the WL, I'll start

Cornell Waitlisters: blackrsx

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68

EDIT: Might also be good for people to put if they are withdrawing... just to give the rest of us a better idea of how many people actually are on the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile

I'd have to imagine that the number is greater than 15-25

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
existentialistphilosopher
pickleluvrrr

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
Falco2525

At least we all get to enjoy eachother's nice company....we should form a club called: "Dear Cornell, Please Just Let Us In"

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
pickleluvrrr
Falco2525
Max8

Anyone received any mail today from cornell??

This sucks, haha :p

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
pickleluvrrr
Falco2525
Max8
gonviper

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
pickleluvrrr
Falco2525
Max8
gonviper
fugazism

Stop copying the Duke thread you Cornell losers :p

That means you blackrsx :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually think they decided to waitlist everyone except me.:love:

:laugh: no, they just sent your letter "priority mail" because while they like you, they don't *like* like you. they're just not that into you.

they *hate* me, on the other hand. my letter was either sent via alaska on a fishing boat, or the dean is going to get around to mailing it from his hawaii spring break vacation, some time, maybe.

Craptastic. So it turns out having the "decisions will be sent out no march" actually means reject, not borderline acceptance/waitlist.

Was my interview really that bad? I thought I had a great interview. I don't get it.

Craptastic. So it turns out having the "decisions will be sent out no march" actually means reject, not borderline acceptance/waitlist.

Was my interview really that bad? I thought I had a great interview. I don't get it.

sorry, man. i'll feel your pain soon.

and you were actually supposed to have *two* interviews. maybe that's what went wrong . . .

I thought both interviews went great . . . I don't really know how it could have been any better.

yeah, and the stats you posted are great, too. dunno. maybe you used the "p" word (primary care) too much or something. or it's just that with a hundred spots for thousands of applicants, bad things are going to happen to good people. sorry.

:laugh: Yup... 3rd post ever. Makes sense.

I'm not really sure what you are doing here or what the point of your comments are. If you applied to Cornell and are still waiting to hear back or are wait listed, then welcome. If you have been accepted, there is another thread.

This thread is for those of us who love Cornell and want to go there...not to ridicule the wait listers. And just as a side note, it appears that you were wait listed at your "dream school", as well. So maybe you should stick to the Duke wait list thread, and let us stick to our dream school thread, too.

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
pickleluvrrr
Falco2525
Max8
gonviper
fugazism
esdp85

I'm not really sure what you are doing here or what the point of your comments are. If you applied to Cornell and are still waiting to hear back or are wait listed, then welcome. If you have been accepted, there is another thread.

This thread is for those of us who love Cornell and want to go there...not to ridicule the wait listers. And just as a side note, it appears that you were wait listed at your "dream school", as well. So maybe you should stick to the Duke wait list thread, and let us stick to our dream school thread, too.

man, are you *still* waiting for a letter? that's crazy.

man, are you *still* waiting for a letter? that's crazy.

Letters are very last week. Can't we get like text message decisions? "Text Message Breakup" anyone?

Good luck waitlisters!

Cornell Waitlisters:
blackrsx
gsmithers68
OwnageMobile
ltrain
pickleluvrrr
Falco2525
Max8
gonviper
fugazism
Asclepius6

I got my letter last week, too.

Post-interview, delayed status page change (mon 3/19), "an admissions decision has been mailed", snail mail rejection received today in Chicago. Interviewed 12/15. Enjoy NYC everyone who got in, and good luck to all on the waitlist!

I have a lot of weirdness going on... it took a long time for my status page to change. It just changed yesterday (Friday) to the message that seemed like the rejected message "an admissions decision has been mailed. call in 2 weeks if you don't receive it." BUT I got the letter today and I'm on the waitlist. How weird is that? I hope they didn't make a mistake.

So I think you can add purplerainangel to the waitlist list!

Cornell Waitlisters:
1) blackrsx
2) gsmithers68
3) OwnageMobile
4) ltrain
5) existentialistphilosopher
6) pickleluvrrr
7) Falco2525
8) Max8
9) gonviper
10) fugazism
11) Asclepius6
12) Purplerainangel

Whoa... PMS? What happened to good natured ribbing? Sheesh. :love:

Cornell Waitlisters:
1) blackrsx
2) gsmithers68
3) OwnageMobile
4) ltrain
6) pickleluvrrr
7) Falco2525
8) Max8
9) gonviper
10) fugazism
11) Asclepius6
12) Purplerainangel

black, I love how right as I get on sdn I see that you are also on... bwahahaha. Night.

I have a lot of weirdness going on... it took a long time for my status page to change. It just changed yesterday (Friday) to the message that seemed like the rejected message "an admissions decision has been mailed. call in 2 weeks if you don't receive it." BUT I got the letter today and I'm on the waitlist. How weird is that? I hope they didn't make a mistake.

So I think you can add purplerainangel to the waitlist list!

why must you curse me with hope? :(

Yeah, my bad. I didn't see that he had posted it like that. I thought you were saying because he had only posted 3 times, it makes sense that he was waitlisted. haha. Sorry about the misunderstanding...

Any one have a guess at how many people are on the waitlist? I am thinking 100-200 but I am hoping closer to 100

I'm on two waitlists at schools I'd love to attend (Cornell and Penn). I honestly can't decide which one to write the letter of intent to. I would LOVE to be at Cornell, but the thing that's frustrating about Cornell's waitlist being unranked is that they might secretly have little intention of accepting me, except as a last-ditch effort, and perhaps my letter of intent would go to waste. Whereas I seem to be somewhat near the top of Penn's T1 waitlist, and maybe a letter of intent would sway them towards acceptance, even though I think that at this point, I'd rather be at Cornell. Of course, maybe my mind might change in the interim. Gah!!

I'm just venting, really, but if you can share any advice, I'd be happy to hear it.

As a disclaimer: I also do have acceptances at schools I'd be very happy at, so I do see this as a win-win situation regardless. I swear, I'm not complaining or being ungrateful. I'm so happy for everyone who has gotten acceptances to either or both schools. And I wish the best of luck to everyone who is on the waitlist for both schools. I'll be thrilled to be your classmate if given the chance.

finally got my rejection letter. no big suprise there.

i think you can take falco off the list. s/he stated in another thread that s/he was withdrawing from all waitlist spots.

good luck to all you waitlisters out there that really want cornell! i envy the chance you still have, but i can't say i envy the 2+ more agonizing months of waiting you have in front of you. hang in there. the waitlist does move.

i think you can take falco off the list. s/he stated in another thread that s/he was withdrawing from all waitlist spots.

good luck to all you waitlisters out there that really want cornell! i envy the chance you still have, but i can't say i envy the 2+ more agonizing months of waiting you have in front of you. hang in there. the waitlist does move.

sorry to hear, best of luck with your other schools :thumbup:

Haha, don't worry DD, you've got some great options left open. Plus, if it's worth anything, my parents have become hooked on SDN and they are rooting for you.

awesome. thanks mom and dad!

Yep take me (he) off thanks DD

Cornell Waitlisters:
1) blackrsx
2) gsmithers68
3) OwnageMobile
4) ltrain
6) pickleluvrrr
7) Max8
8) gonviper
9) fugazism
10) Asclepius6
11) Purplerainangel
12) JohnnyDrama

Cornell Waitlisters:
1) blackrsx
2) gsmithers68
3) OwnageMobile
4) ltrain
6) pickleluvrrr
7) Max8
8) gonviper
9) fugazism
10) Asclepius6
11) Purplerainangel
12) JohnnyDrama
13) esdp85

I'm very sorry D~D. Someone like you who can infuse humor into this process belongs into this class. I'm glad to see you have some excellent alternatives. I look forward to your postings in other threads were I lurk.

Also...I had humbly accepted D~D's mass rejection from more than a week ago even though my status did not change until later. Today I received snail mail that I've been placed on the waiting list. (They probably were planning on rejecting me, but then just to contradict D~D, they put this off for a little while. :) )

Good luck to everyone still waiting on Cornell.

Cornell Waitlisters:
1) blackrsx
2) gsmithers68
3) OwnageMobile
4) ltrain
6) pickleluvrrr
7) Max8
8) gonviper
9) fugazism
10) Asclepius6
11) Purplerainangel
12) JohnnyDrama
13) MetRepressor
14) esdp85

esdp85 - you probably don't want the "unlucky" 13th position. So I've
moved you down. Last person to join up gets stuck with it. :)

Good luck to everyone :luck: :luck: :luck:

well turns out my friend bought me a Cornell shirt, I'm torn as to whether to wear it or not

Maybe I can take pictures of me wearing the shirt and send them in with my updates/LOI. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well turns out my friend bought me a Cornell shirt, I'm torn as to whether to wear it or not

Maybe I can take pictures of me wearing the shirt and send them in with my updates/LOI. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dear admissions,
Just wanted to let you know that I look good in red.
Thanks,
ltrain

Your friend sounds like the coolest dude in the freakin world. So cool that they should probably let him into Duke :cool:

11 days until the first possibility of news :scared: :luck: