mustang

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2002
miami
Status (Visible)
I'm looking into Cornell University and It seems to be a top science and research school and it's also an Ivy. Yet, many people don't seem to like it much. Why do you think this is? I've heard that it's very competitive once you get in. Do you think that this has had a negative effect on applicants?
Thanks

About the Ads
S

saiyagirl

you know, i never hear people actually gush over cornell med. you always hear about stanford....harvard....nyu and columbia, etc, but i can't remember ever hearing even ny residents say cornell is their #1 choice.

it's obviously a great med school. what's going on?

J

jot

well though i'm just an applicant - i'll gush about it. its in an unbelievably nice location, has successfully implemented pbl stuff without going overboard, world class research (and affiliated instutitions) and in great city. clinical opportunities are vast, and i know a couple cool people that went there;)
-jot

Bonds756

6 time MVP
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Philly
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Upper East side is amazing and the hospital is probably the nicest I have seen in all my interviews. It is a small class and has a lot of individual attention with all the PBL they have. Only problem, PBL is pretty much all they have. If you don't think PBL is the best way for you to learn, you are not going to gush over Weill.

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status (Visible)
"Do you have any questions for me?"

"Yes, how do you pronounce the name of this school?"

1 week later, acceptance and full scholarship in the mail. w00t.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads