Corporate Dentistry Details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheToothTamer

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I'm new to the forums and this is my first post+pad+!! Not sure if this question has been asked before, but I'm curious if anyone can provide details regarding corporate dentistry (maybe someone knows firsthand from practicing dentistry at AspenDental or Great Expressions). My questions are:

-What percentage of your work are you paid for?
-How many hours are you required to work per week/month?
-Are you required to sign a contract to work more than 1 year, or can you work only 1 year if you desire?
-How many patients do you see per day?
-How much does the overall practice earn in comparison to your salary?
 
Hey guys!

I'm new to the forums and this is my first post+pad+!! Not sure if this question has been asked before, but I'm curious if anyone can provide details regarding corporate dentistry (maybe someone knows firsthand from practicing dentistry at AspenDental or Great Expressions). My questions are:

-What percentage of your work are you paid for? guaranteed salary plus incentives
-How many hours are you required to work per week/month? currently 3 full days and they are pushing me to work full time
-Are you required to sign a contract to work more than 1 year, or can you work only 1 year if you desire? 2 year contract
-How many patients do you see per day? 40-60
-How much does the overall practice earn in comparison to your salary?
?

I'm dredging up some old threads since I'm bored. I work in both a Corporate setting and 25 years of private practice. See above on answers:
 
Aspen is pretty open with their numbers. In my area for an associate its guaranteed $500/day, or 8-10% of the office's gross production (whichever is higher). So you basically get paid $500 a day with a bonus at the end of the month. They also don't have a "contract" per se, in that there's no restrictive covenant or length of time you're required to work there.

I'm not associated with aspen in any way, I just happen to know this about them.