Correlation between LSAT reading comp score and MCAT vr score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiler

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if there is any sort of correlation between a person's lsat reading comp score and mcat vr score. Could one reasonably accurately predict mcat vr score by extrapolating their lsat reading comp score? Lsat has 4 passages and 28 questions (35 min. time limit) and mcat typically has 6 passages and 40 questions (60 min. time limit). Therefore, an unadjusted calculation would be: mcat vr score= (# wrong on lsat rc/4)*6. What do you all think? Are there factors that I am missing that should be factored in? If so, how?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there factors that I am missing that should be factored in?

There is one: they are two different tests.

If so, how?

As for your second question, I don't know how you are missing that factor, only you can answer that. Let me know when you come up with factor to incorporate that into your formula, I have a bunch of LSAT passages that could be made use of.

don't even bother with that just practice MCAT passages... unless you ran out like I did.. I went from 7-8 to a 11 on the real on doing EK, TPR, and AAMC passages... In hindsight only Timed AAMCs were the best.

I see. Reason why I am asking is that I have already taken the lsat and so i'm trying to predict how i will do on mcat vr. I could always take a practice test but don't want to waste a test until I begin my mcat prep. I ran out of lsat reading comp practice tests when I prepared for lsat...dont want that to happen with mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. Reason why I am asking is that I have already taken the lsat and so i'm trying to predict how i will do on mcat vr. I could always take a practice test but don't want to waste a test until I begin my mcat prep. I ran out of lsat reading comp practice tests when I prepared for lsat...dont want that to happen with mcat.

well there are 11 or so tests for EK TPR has 11 diags and probably 8x tests worth on their take home book. AAMC = 9 tests. so that is close to 40x verbal reasoning test x 7 passages = 280 passages.

if you have time to go through all those than you should be fine.

MCAT RC is a breeze compared to LSAT. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, unless of course you ditched a legal career because of your inability to score better than 140 :smuggrin:

That's interesting you think LSAT rc is harder. The general consensus on this forum is that mcat is harder. However, I attribute this to the fact that many posters took LSAT after mcat, and thus view LSAT rc as easier because when taken as a whole, the LSAT doesn't require math and science knowledge.