1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Correlation: Practice and Real Deal

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by DrBuro, Dec 6, 2005.

1. DrBuro

DrBuro Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Can anyone comment on their practice AAMC test scores and what they received on the real exam? I was curious how closely the old tests reflect 2005 scores. Please don't forget to provide the AAMC test number(s) with your final score. Thank you in advance...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Im pretty sure the correlation was high in the other threads that were on this topic. Most scoring at the top range of their other AAMC tests.

You can search for it if you want lots of responses. The data might be in the 30+ thread too.

4. anon-y-mouse

anon-y-mouse Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    AAMC 7 and 8 most mimic the real thing. 7's harder than 8, I thought. The actual MCAT is harder than any of the practice tests, for sure. I actually went up 6 points from my best AAMC test (I scored >40), but that's because I luckily had direct experience with a lot of the passages... I had 3 neuro passages I answered w/o looking at the passage, several "easy" bacteria passages (I studied a lot of the bacteria experimentation stuff), and my physical and verbal required *intuitive* thought, but I nailed them because I guess I was in the zone that day...

time is your biggest factor!

5. PittMedicine

PittMedicine Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    My MCAT was a piece of cake, yet did terrible.

6. SkiUtah

SkiUtah New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took the past August exam, and got a 31 on the at the time most recent AAMC exam (8 I think...). Ended up getting a 35Q on the real thing. Good luck!

7. princessd3

princessd3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I got a 31 on the AAMC 6R and ended up with a 31 on the real thing. Strong correlation if you ask me.