Correlation: Practice and Real Deal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBuro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on their practice AAMC test scores and what they received on the real exam? I was curious how closely the old tests reflect 2005 scores. Please don't forget to provide the AAMC test number(s) with your final score. Thank you in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Im pretty sure the correlation was high in the other threads that were on this topic. Most scoring at the top range of their other AAMC tests.

You can search for it if you want lots of responses. The data might be in the 30+ thread too.

AAMC 7 and 8 most mimic the real thing. 7's harder than 8, I thought. The actual MCAT is harder than any of the practice tests, for sure. I actually went up 6 points from my best AAMC test (I scored >40), but that's because I luckily had direct experience with a lot of the passages... I had 3 neuro passages I answered w/o looking at the passage, several "easy" bacteria passages (I studied a lot of the bacteria experimentation stuff), and my physical and verbal required *intuitive* thought, but I nailed them because I guess I was in the zone that day...

time is your biggest factor!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the past August exam, and got a 31 on the at the time most recent AAMC exam (8 I think...). Ended up getting a 35Q on the real thing. Good luck!

I got a 31 on the AAMC 6R and ended up with a 31 on the real thing. Strong correlation if you ask me.