Correspondence from Temple, stamped or signed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In my desperate attempt to glean information from the few clues I am able to squeeze out of the admissions office at Temple, I ask for your assistance. The letter I received granting me an interview was defintely stamped (and poorly) with the name of the assistant dean for admissions. My questions are these: Are the letters stating that one is on the CCL similarly stamped or are they hand signed? Are acceptance letters stamped or hand signed? How about rejection letters? The whole reason for asking is because apparently there is a holdup with letters going out because someone is on vacation who signs the letters. I am trying to figure out what has been (or will be)sent out. Thanks to all who take the time to answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you are so desperate for info, all I can tell you is that Dean Uknis was there on 4/11, so if others' letters were dated prior to that, she would have been there to sign them. The mystery begins to unfold....

Thanks Foxy,

You are always good for a little nugget of info! Maybe she is on vacation this week and thus cannot sign letters going out to those who were discussed in committee last Friday (assuming such letter would be generated and signed the following Monday). Anyone else want to play (I'm at work and bored and like to play detective)?

Members don't see this ad :)
The letter I got for the CCL yesterday had neither a stamp or a real signature. Instead, it has the name of the Dean of Admissions "Audrey B. Unkis, M.D." typed in under "Sincerely yours" in bold italic font that is larger than the rest of the fonts. Kind of odd actually now that I look at it, not even a stamped signature. Hope this helps....btw did you get your letter yet about their decision?

Oh, never mind my last question.

My acceptance letter was signed by both Dr. Uknis and my interviewer. My interviewer even had a little message that said, "Congratulations on your acceptance. It was nice meeting you and I hope to see you in the fall."

AAARRGGGHHHH!
I know that I have no business saying this but this wait is killing me. I called Temple again today and they said that a letter (apparently signed by the dean)was mailed this past Friday. I just knew that it would be here today, but it is not. My fiance even called (I was not bold enough to call twice in one day) to make sure that our address is correct. Everything is correct and it just more waiting. I apologize to all those on waitlists waiting for their first acceptance (I do have one) for bitching about my wait. I know you guys are WAAAAAY more frustrated than me. Good luck to all of us!