Cosmetic procurers done by non derm or plastics physicians , what's your take ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

messy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to get an idea from someone that is a resident or attending plastic surgeon about what they think about non plastic or derm physician that practice non invasive cosmetic procedures in their office. There is the ACACP which has links to organization where they teach you to do office lipo and other things. Is this legit? Can you get enough training to do procurers . What's your take on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I wanted to get an idea from someone that is a resident or attending plastic surgeon about what they think about non plastic or derm physician that practice non invasive cosmetic procedures in their office. There is the ACACP which has links to organization where they teach you to do office lipo and other things. Is this legit? Can you get enough training to do procurers . What's your take on this.

No, it's not "legit".

Can you elaborate as to why. The procurers are the same that are done by derm, the patient isn't doing anything invasive. We are talking about fillers and chemical peels. Some of these places do offer training in "non invasive lipo laser" but I don't know what that is. And even that, a IR trained physician can master