You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cost of Studying for MCAT
Started by tesfawMD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you mean the minimum amount of money needed to do well?
Do you mean the minimum amount of money needed to do well?
No, the maximum amount.
No, the maximum amount.
There is no maximum amount a person can spend studying to do well. It all depends on your approach/ study preference/ whether you have the brain for the test. I mean a person can spend hundreds of dollars and don't do well; it's based on you and the motivation you have to succeed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is no maximum amount a person can spend studying to do well. It all depends on your approach/ study preference/ whether you have the brain for the test. I mean a person can spend hundreds of dollars and don't do well; it's based on you and the motivation you have to succeed.
I'm thinking that the OP is asking what the maximum investment you would put in to preparing for the MCAT.
While there is a financial investment, there is also a time and effort investment. Someone may not be able to spend a lot of money, but they may decide to utilize as much "free" resources as they can.
I agree with Kriss,
I had been out of school for a couple years, and my major had nothing to do with premed...and ALL my preparation cost me about 120 dollars...
I used some old worn out EK books i got on ebay, and some old kaplan books someone gave me... i used wikipedia and the local library a lot (when I needed a textbook to help me better understand something)... most of that money was for buying some of those ridiculously expensive AAMC practice exams...
it's not about how much money you spend - it's how you study...
good luck!
I had been out of school for a couple years, and my major had nothing to do with premed...and ALL my preparation cost me about 120 dollars...
I used some old worn out EK books i got on ebay, and some old kaplan books someone gave me... i used wikipedia and the local library a lot (when I needed a textbook to help me better understand something)... most of that money was for buying some of those ridiculously expensive AAMC practice exams...
it's not about how much money you spend - it's how you study...
good luck!
There is no maximum amount a person can spend studying to do well. It all depends on your approach/ study preference/ whether you have the brain for the test. I mean a person can spend hundreds of dollars and don't do well; it's based on you and the motivation you have to succeed.
Let me rephrase. What is the average amount of money spent for studying for the MCAT?
Let me rephrase. What is the average amount of money spent for studying for the MCAT?
I would say a few hundred dollars. I probably spent about $400 for the review books, practice tests and everything else.
I would say a few hundred dollars. I probably spent about $400 for the review books, practice tests and everything else.
What did you score?
2
229141
Hmm let me think
Kaplan book: 75
EK book set: 150
Ek 1001's: 100 about for all
Princeton workout: 20 bucks
Kaplan practice test book: 15 bucks
4 BR books: 100
BR practice tests (buying later): 200
AAMC Tests: 245
Total: 905
Might buy the 10 gold standard tests for 150 later..
Kaplan book: 75
EK book set: 150
Ek 1001's: 100 about for all
Princeton workout: 20 bucks
Kaplan practice test book: 15 bucks
4 BR books: 100
BR practice tests (buying later): 200
AAMC Tests: 245
Total: 905
Might buy the 10 gold standard tests for 150 later..
What did you score?
I did very well. I attribute it more to the effort I put into studying than to the amount of money spent, however.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K