Could A Dental School Do This?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HereWeAre123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could a dental school withdraw an acceptance for something that you haven't signed for and agreed to? Eg. If it wasn't stated that you must maintain a certain GPA or certain grade requirements in your last semester. How could they revoke an acceptance based on their own determination of something like that? Any input would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Could a dental school withdraw an acceptance for something that you haven't signed for and agreed to? Eg. If it wasn't stated that you must maintain a certain GPA or certain grade requirements in your last semester. How could they revoke an acceptance based on their own determination of something like that? Any input would be great!

You could start by carefully reading the acceptance letter/e-mail you received.

You could start by carefully reading the acceptance letter/e-mail you received.

:thumbup: . so OP, do you mean to tell me that you refuse to acknowledge their requirement of maintaining a certain gpa/course load until you graduate? It's a mutual agreement....they're not bound to keep your acceptance if you don't acknowledge their requirements. Are you trying to hide something from them, or is this hypothetical?

Also, I'd like to add that in every acceptance letter i've received, there was something that was said to the effect of...your acceptance is conditional and if you fail to graduate or maintain a satisfactory performance your acceptance will be revoked.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It states "pending the satisfactory completion of all application requirements, required courses and submission of your final transcript indicating the date your bachelor's degree was conferred, as well as your Dean's certification". That's all it says to the point of your grades or completing the courses. So what exactly does this mean with regards to poor grades in your last semester?

I had posted another thread, so I'm just wondering if based on what they said, they can actually revoke the acceptance.

if you don't do well, yes they can revoke your acceptance. if your grades tank and you get a lot of Cs or something that'll be a cause for concern. Call the school up.

Again, if you fail to keep up your end of the bargain, they have no reason to keep their end up

Yeah, they can revoke your acceptance, but I haven't heard of it happening that often. You have to really bomb your last semester to have your acceptance revoked.

On a separate note, if you have any inclination that you may want to specialize, your undergraduate grades will again come into play. When applying to AEGD/GPRs or any of the specialties, you have to send in your undergrad transcripts, and it wouldn't look good to have a sudden nose dive at the end of your undergrad. Just something to consider.

dschool adcom = god amongst men until you graduate dschool