Could I match in Rads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Swimmer122

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I got a Satisfactory (my med school uses High Honors-Honors-Pass-Fail system) in Core Radiology rotation, and a Satisfactory in my Advanced Radiology rotation. I know this is makes it sound like I didn't try... I actually really did. The first course was exam-based and I got an 84 which was in the lowest third of the class. The second course actually involved a research project with analyzing and uploading rads images on the web, and I had no experience with the software.

So I'm still interested in radiology, but feel like 1. maybe I can't match in it and 2. maybe I'm just bad at it.

In my favor, I come from an ivy-league medical school and did my undergrad at ivy-league college. My Step1 was 229 and my Step2CK 248.

My other grades are pretty good: Surgery- High Honors, Peds-High Honors; Ob- Honors; Medicine - Satisfactory.

Do I have a chance at matching in rads or should I just forget it?

Thanks,
Abbey