Could missing pre-req grade be hurting app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meow+or_never

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Orgo II over the summer and got a B in lecture, A in lab. I also took an upper level bio w/ lab that I got a B+ in (in addition to 12 credit hours of electives, all A's). I submitted my AMCAS app well before these grades were official. Will not having Orgo 2 on my transcript hurt me? My sGPA w/o those summer classes was a 3.70 even so I haven't asked schools if they wanted my summer grades because the sciences are lower than my usual science grades. Should I be asking? LizzyM ~70, applied to over 20 schools in early-mid August and haven't heard back from a single one, so I'm getting worried.

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends upon what schools you applied to and what else is in your app. A LizzyM of 70 is good for SLU, but not so good for Wash U.

Haha I applied to SLU but def not Wash U. My state schools, U. of Vermont, NYMC, Albamy, VT, EVU, etc etc. I meant I am more surprised by the amount of time it's taken to get back to me (including the schools that give flat out rejections, like Tulane and Georgetown) in general, not bc my stats are great or anything (I know they are absolute middle of the road for most of my schools, and a reach for others). Rest of my app isn't crazy interesting. Humanities background, 100 clinical volunteer hours, around 500 non-clinical, 40 hours shadowing. Moderately diverse EC's. Doing a master's in biomedical sciences. LOR's strong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you indicate Orgo II as current/future coursework on your AMCAS app? If so, I doubt not having the grades up is negatively impacting your application. I'm taking my final prereq in the spring, but that hasn't stopped me from getting a few IIs.

Did you indicate Orgo II as current/future coursework on your AMCAS app? If so, I doubt not having the grades up is negatively impacting your application. I'm taking my final prereq in the spring, but that hasn't stopped me from getting a few IIs.

Okay this is good to know. Thanks for the info and good luck on your interviews!

Reactions: 1 user