Could this person get into a top 5 Med School? (ZERO clinical/healthcare EC's)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes? No? What is the point of this thread?

To pontificate on whether this rather accomplished (albeit homely) individual could get into a top 5 med school.

Bobby Jindal got into Harvard Med and Yale Law the same year but chose to take the Rhodes Scholarship and do consulting at McKinsey afterwards.

Members don't see this ad :)
she probably could get in if she just adds like 100 hours of clinical experience. I know kids at Penn who have got in with a lot less than what she has achieved (but still quite a bit) with about 100 hours of clinical experience.

Her resume makes me feel embarrassed though. Some people are truly amazing.

And I don't think I have yet said this on SDN, but flatearth--you start the most useless threads and make a lot of annoying posts.

That's weird that she just has her number there. I definitely just called her.

Are you really that bored? It's all well and good to waste your own time, but do you really have to waste ours as well?

To pontificate on whether this rather accomplished (albeit homely) individual could get into a top 5 med school.

Bobby Jindal got into Harvard Med and Yale Law the same year but chose to take the Rhodes Scholarship and do consulting at McKinsey afterwards.

I have better things to do with my time, like posting to this thread telling you how I have better things to do with my time.

Are you really that bored? It's all well and good to waste your own time, but do you really have to waste ours as well?

It's a pretty legit question. Could an extremely accomplished person with no clinical experience get into an elite med school?

Members don't see this ad :)
She's pretty smart so let's say she takes the MCAT and gets a 12-12-12-S

http://www.joycemeng.com/joycemengresume.pdf

I would be very upset if you posted my resume on a public forum...with my address and phone number. You are a ***** and need to top starting new threads. You're not gonna get your girl if you keep acting this way.

EDIT: Okay, so she posted her own resume. The rest of my post is still true.

I would be very upset if you posted my resume on a public forum...with my address and phone number. You are a ***** and need to top starting new threads. You're not gonna get your girl if you keep acting this way.

EDIT: Okay, so she posted her own resume. The rest of my post is still true.

lol....she has her own website - http://www.joycemeng.com/

also lets stop with the personal attacks. No one is forcing you to read any of my posts. There is a block button you know.

how did you find this random girl in the first place? creep much?

lol....she has her own website - http://www.joycemeng.com/

also lets stop with the personal attacks. No one is forcing you to read any of my posts. There is a block button you know.

It's not a personal attack, just friendly advice. The female you are interested in will not appreciate finding out you're stalking other women.

It's not a personal attack, just friendly advice. The female you are interested in will not appreciate finding out you're stalking other women.

"you are a *****" is not a personal attack?

If you tell someone who has high blood pressure that they have high blood pressure, is that a personal attack?

Your logical reasoning skills are impeccable.

Depends on how frequent they are. Sadly, being a ***** is not against the TOS.

Whoah, you changed your avatar...were too many people complaining about how hypnotizing it was?

Seriously OP, your threads are becoming really annoying.

NWAbT.gif

You took the time to stalk me and post about it in another of my threads. Now you've stalked this girl... Do I need to call the girl and alert her of your existence?

You took the time to stalk me and post about it in another of my threads. Now you've stalked this girl... Do I need to call the girl and alert her of your existence?

ouMHT.gif

okay, that .gif atones for ~30% of this thread's existence

It's a pretty legit question. Could an extremely accomplished person with no clinical experience get into an elite med school?

The answer is no.

Success in one venture does not predict success in another. Could a playboy model or an NBA player get into med school without clinical experience? No, so why would a successful business student get in?

The ship in your avatar perfectly describes the state of your reputation on SDN

That's weird that she just has her number there. I definitely just called her.

you ALWAYS go for the creepy stalker angle. it's funny as hell, but . . . creepy. it might just be your avatar, but i get the feeling you've spent real time in bushes.

you ALWAYS go for the creepy stalker angle. it's funny as hell, but . . . creepy. it might just be your avatar, but i get the feeling you've spent real time in bushes.

What else have I posted that was creepy?

Give her a year or two in clinical experience and shadowing and she's pretty damn stacked.

She should get a job in business/finance and get paid 6 figures...

Frankly, one simply cannot succeed in the medical field without an attitude like this:
39mgd.png

This irrelevant pic is a shameless repost from Reddit

Well she could probably get in if she was a inmate's penpal. Or, you know, an amateur magician or something.

Was it really necessary to "advertise" my resume on here? I have received multiple calls (usually extremely immature) and finally one person explained where they were coming from.

I believe the bolded part of your statement to be irrelevant and in addition, I disagree.

For those of you claiming I have no clinical experience, you are all wrong. I have chartered an organization and helped it deliver thousands of dollars to patients in need. I have personally worked in the hospitals where my aid is delivered to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.