could use some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kypreos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I usually visit the pre med forumns because im a senior in college trying to get into medical school but i could use some of your help. Im not here to try and get information on how to get into vet school but im here to gain some knowledge about whats going on with my 7 mo boxer. He is 70 lbs and is extremely cow hawked. I walk him 30 mins a day to keep his muscles strong but today and yesterday something terrible has happened, his right hip has been giving out on him. me and my gf are just in shambles, We had him on the raw diet for a long time and just recently switched him off on to evo dog food which is extremely protein rich and moderate in healthy fats. it has only come out on him once or twice, I know i probobly shouldn't be bothering you guys cause this probobly isnt what you want to log on here and talk about but i am just in shambles, i have no clue what to do. He doesnt seem to be in any pain, but his right leg has swung out on him three times in the last 2 days and hes only a puppy. Ive heard there are procedures like pen hip studies that can be done on him but hes only a pup but i dont know what to do. since we switched him off the raw diet he has put on at least 5lbs (in about 2 weeks) do you think the increase in food could have done this. also, when it was summer i would walk him 6 days a week, but recently its been more like 3 or 4. could the lowering in excercise and increase in weight done this? also, I took him outside to see how he would do if i played fetch to see how hisi back legs would run. BOTH back legs were leaving and landing at the same time, which is a huge symptom. All im asking for are my options here. I love my dog and he is my absolute best friend, please point me in the right direction here, please help me out

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This forum isn't for medical advice. You should bring him in to see your veterinarian. They're going to close this thread soon, but good luck with your pup and your career plans! :luck:

P1010003.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This forum isn't for medical advice. You should bring him in to see your veterinarian. They're going to close this thread soon, but good luck with your pup and your career plans! :luck:
oh ok well then i apologize and hopefully there a no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.