Countdown to December 3rd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m spending my time swimming all day and playing CoD 3 zombies and PUBG all night. If anyone wants to play PM me! However, these days have gone by painfully slow!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What helps me is to think that there are more than six months until the beginning of the school! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone traveling over thanksgiving break? I’m driving from Utah to California to visit family. Hopefully this will help the time pass faster!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone traveling over thanksgiving break? I’m driving from Utah to California to visit family. Hopefully this will help the time pass faster!
Nice! I’m really looking forward for that delicious stuffing and mashed potatoes!

anyone going Black Friday shopping?

anyone going Black Friday shopping?
Trying to get a nice camera to capture all the important moments that's going to happen this year- the graduation, white coat ceremony, traveling, etc. But I don't know anything about photography or camera, so my friend told me to invest the money in buying a new iPhone instead.:oops:

I’m spending my time swimming all day and playing CoD 3 zombies and PUBG all night. If anyone wants to play PM me! However, these days have gone by painfully slow!
Lol playing BO4 as I read this but I've been working OT, reading Game of Thrones and playing a lot of xbox in my time off. Yet I still find the time to lurk on SDN and stress over this waiting game.

I'm too broke
lol! after this application cycle, my acct is definitely running dry

Trying to get a nice camera to capture all the important moments that's going to happen this year- the graduation, white coat ceremony, traveling, etc. But I don't know anything about photography or camera, so my friend told me to invest the money in buying a new iPhone instead.:oops:

i need a new phone too. I still have the 7

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From ADEA guidelines :
"Earliest Notification Date. Dental schools begin notifying applicants, either orally or in writing, of provisional or final acceptance no earlier than December 1 of the academic year prior to the academic year of matriculation. For example, offers of acceptance for fall 2012 begin no earlier than December 1,2011."
It doesn't say anything about rejecting before Dec 1st post interview, so how comes everyone says that they won't send rejections before Dec 1st? Is it like an unwritten rule or sth?

From ADEA guidelines :
"Earliest Notification Date. Dental schools begin notifying applicants, either orally or in writing, of provisional or final acceptance no earlier than December 1 of the academic year prior to the academic year of matriculation. For example, offers of acceptance for fall 2012 begin no earlier than December 1,2011."
It doesn't say anything about rejecting before Dec 1st post interview, so how comes everyone says that they won't send rejections before Dec 1st? Is it like an unwritten rule or sth?

they won't send rejections after interviews before dec 1 (dec 3 this year because the first is a Saturday)
they will send rejections without interviews before dec 1 (3)

they won't send rejections after interviews before dec 1 (dec 3 this year because the first is a Saturday)
they will send rejections without interviews before dec 1 (3)
Yes I know this, but there's no rule saying they can't send rejections whenever.

Is anyone else like me and doesn’t want to share with people their excitement about Dec. 3rd coming up lol? My parents only know that schools can begin to send acceptances around December or potentially January, but I don’t want to give specific dates. I’m here suffering by myself but I want to suprise them if I’m accepted on the 3rd and also if I’m not I can internally cry and not stress them out:laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Every time I think about December 3rd I get a knot in my stomach :(
Me too. I'm trying my very best to not think about it but then I end up coming back to this website, haha

Is anyone else like me and doesn’t want to share with people their excitement about Dec. 3rd coming up lol? My parents only know that schools can begin to send acceptances around December or potentially January, but I don’t want to give specific dates. I’m here suffering by myself but I want to suprise them if I’m accepted on the 3rd and also if I’m not I can internally cry and not stress them out:laugh:
Yeah, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I generally don't tell others that I want to go to dental school to avoid the embarrassment of what if I don't get in anywhere.

Yeah, I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I generally don't tell others that I want to go to dental school to avoid the embarrassment of what if I don't get in anywhere.
Same here, I try to keep it all a secret.

I get you. I'm the same. But trust that what's meant to happen will happen and if we don't get into our top choice we weren't supposed to go there for some reason.

I get you. I'm the same. But trust that what's meant to happen will happen and if we don't get into our top choice we weren't supposed to go there for some reason.
I wish I could just worry about whether or not I get accepted to my ‘top choice’. I’m stuck worrying about if I’ll get in ANYwhere.

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I could just worry about whether or not I get accepted to my ‘top choice’. I’m stuck worrying about if I’ll get in ANYwhere.

And I only applied to two schools, interviewed at one lol

I had 6 pre-december interviews and everyone keeps telling me "don't worry the odds are you'll get in to at least 1". I'm constantly reminding them that there's no guarentee. I could have bombed all the interviews and in my head I keep telling myself "oh well 3 of those schools interview a LOT of applicants, so I can just not even include those" and other similar thoughts are eating away at my brain day by day..

Reactions: 3 users
I had 6 pre-december interviews and everyone keeps telling me "don't worry the odds are you'll get in to at least 1". I'm constantly reminding them that there's no guarentee. I could have bombed all the interviews and in my head I keep telling myself "oh well 3 of those schools interview a LOT of applicants, so I can just not even include those" and other similar thoughts are eating away at my brain day by day..

Save those brain cells for dental school instead :)

Dec "3rd" ??? What is going on

Yours truly,

a 3x Dec 1st victim

My fear now (aside from rejection) is getting waitlisted on December 3 and not hearing back until summer. Boy, would that suck.

Reactions: 5 users
I feel the exact same way with 5 . I’m always analyzing what I said and thinking perhaps I didn’t do as well as I thought.

Man, this wait is slowly killing me on the inside...I feel like I interviewed well at both the schools I interviewed at, but in the end, my stats won't be good enough. Does anyone else feel that way?

Man, this wait is slowly killing me on the inside...I feel like I interviewed well at both the schools I interviewed at, but in the end, my stats won't be good enough. Does anyone else feel that way?
Yes lol. The long wait times between interviewing and decisions are anxiety producing for sure.

Why did our year have to be dec 3rd -_- that's more wait=more suffering

and i have two presentations that day so I'm going to be extra nervous

You are going to kill those presentations and you will get admitted to multiple schools that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are going to kill those presentations and you will get admitted to multiple schools that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks!! i bet you will too!

Am I the only one who's looking at apartments near schools I interviewed at? Lmao I need help

Reactions: 10 users
Am I the only one who's looking at apartments near schools I interviewed at? Lmao I need help

hahaha! same!
i started making a budget for a couple schools to see what the real cost would be since they overestimate the living expenses

I want to be able to shout “Yo Adrien, I did it!” on Dec 3rd lol

Reactions: 8 users
The past three weeks I've known the exact days until Dec 3 without effort. Now I have to really think about it. I think that means that the days are going a little faster than before

The past three weeks I've known the exact days until Dec 3 without effort. Now I have to really think about it. I think that means that the days are going a little faster than before
Ditto :soexcited:

Tomorrow, we're down to single digits, for those counting down the days until Dec 3.

Reactions: 7 users