Countdown to December 3rd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What should the status on aadsas change to if we get accepted on the 3rd?
Offer Made

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is prob a stupid question, but I need some advice...
So, I work at a pharmacy and Monday mornings are super busy because we get all the overflow of scripts from Sunday (when we are closed).
Anyway, I only had one interview (Nova) and I'm worried about what I will do if I get a call Monday morning at work, do you guys think its just better to let my phone go to voicemail? or to have a very rushed conversation with someone on the phone? also like does anyone know what happens if you miss the call? is it a big deal if you do?
I also like don't want to tell people at work that I may or may not get an important call because of my ego and the fear of me not getting a call :3

This is prob a stupid question, but I need some advice...
So, I work at a pharmacy and Monday mornings are super busy because we get all the overflow of scripts from Sunday (when we are closed).
Anyway, I only had one interview (Nova) and I'm worried about what I will do if I get a call Monday morning at work, do you guys think its just better to let my phone go to voicemail? or to have a very rushed conversation with someone on the phone? also like does anyone know what happens if you miss the call? is it a big deal if you do?
I also like don't want to tell people at work that I may or may not get an important call because of my ego and the fear of me not getting a call :3
the call shouldn't take long cause they have a ton of other people to call before and after you. i'm sure if you sound excited over the phone then politely mention you have to get back to work, it'll be fine to take the call :)

Members don't see this ad :)
the call shouldn't take long cause they have a ton of other people to call before and after you. i'm sure if you sound excited over the phone then politely mention you have to get back to work, it'll be fine to take the call :)
thank you! I am mostly scared that I won't able to answer the call, but I guess we will see what happens ( if they even call me LOL)

I know some schools email at 12 am and I know others call in the morning. I just dont know how I'm gonna be able to sleep in between the two.

Reactions: 1 users
upload_2018-11-30_9-15-3.png

Reactions: 2 users
I really need to find something to keep me busy this weekend hahah this is going to be the longest weekend of my life!
If Dec 1 were on a weekend, if only they would have moved decision day earlier rather than later…

Reactions: 6 users
Guys, it's finally December!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Now, it's perfect time to listen to the late singer of Linkin Park singing this is my December lol.
Chester :(

Last edited:
This about this. December 3rd is the longest anyone has ever had to wait to get accepted to dental school. The year this will happen again is in 2029.

Made my day LOL

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, it's about 1 day and 14 hours left until the first email at 12:01 am, which is much better than 2 days 15 hours! (Central Time)
Your right...I just realized every single one of my posts was off by a day haha. Well that’s embarrassing,, but I’m happy it’s even closer than that app has been telling me lol:soexcited:

Think about this. December 3rd is the longest anyone has ever had to wait to get accepted to dental school. The year this will happen again is in 2029.
LOOOOL

Omg!!! I can’t believe I just now found this thread lol I hope everyone’s week has passed quicker than expected! We’re almost there :soexcited:

Its been super slow for me. I literally check my AADSAS and Email at least 10x a day, knowing I will find nothing:claps:
Thankfully I dont have work tomorrow or monday so I will be staying up for the next two days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am in my delayed airplane from Chicago going home and we will ride the storm but I am here checking SDN
Did I say that the first airplane got delayed 2 hours and then we missed it!

24 hours to go, till either one of the best days of our lives or one of the worst. No pressure.

Reactions: 8 users
I have two finals on Monday and barely just started studying from all the stress :dead::dead: But the last minute studying will help make Sunday go by fast!

Good luck everyone! This will be a night and day you’ll remember for a long time to come. I vividly remember D-day. Hard to believe it was two years ago already and I’m taking NBDE part I in less than a month... Try to get sleep and enjoy the ride!!

I'm really scared for tomorrow. Like it could go either way. One of the schools I interviewed at interviews 2/3 of its applicants and a much larger than usual number per seat, but only gets picky when deciding who to accept after interviews. The other school I interviewed at gave me an interview only because a connection called the admissions director and pleaded on my behalf, so that raises doubts about whether or not the school was even sincerely considering me. All the other schools I applied to, which are selective about who they interview and I lack connections at, never even bothered to invite me for an interview (whereas I saw tons of people with lower stats than me get invited), thus I worry that this represents the true reflection of how competitive my application was. Given that the final decision after the interview is based on everything, and not solely the interview, this worries me that the outcomes are unlikely to go in my favor.

I'm really scared for tomorrow. Like it could go either way. One of the schools I interviewed at interviews 2/3 of its applicants and a much larger than usual number per seat, but only gets picky when deciding who to accept after interviews. The other school I interviewed at gave me an interview only because a connection called the admissions director and pleaded on my behalf, so that raises doubts about whether or not the school was even sincerely considering me. All the other schools I applied to, which are selective about who they interview and I lack connections at, never even bothered to invite me for an interview (whereas I saw tons of people with lower stats than me get invited), thus I worry that this represents the true reflection of how competitive my application was. Given that the final decision after the interview is based on everything, and not solely the interview, this worries me that the outcomes are unlikely to go in my favor.

All you can do now is wait and hope. And don't forget about post-december interviews either!

About a year ago I emailed my pre-health advisor to ask if it was a good idea for me to apply to dental school. She sent me an email back saying that I didn't really have a chance this cycle and that I should take a gap year and apply in 2019! I've printed out that email and taped it to my wall.

Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll be able to print out an acceptance email and tape that up next to it. :nono: :prof: If not, then I'll tear it down and cry.

Anyone else have some cheeky rituals they are undertaking in the 11th hour?

About a year ago I emailed my pre-health advisor to ask if it was a good idea for me to apply to dental school. She sent me an email back saying that I didn't really have a chance this cycle and that I should take a gap year and apply in 2019! I've printed out that email and taped it to my wall.

Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll be able to print out an acceptance email and tape that up next to it. :nono: :prof: If not, then I'll tear it down and cry.

My first meeting with my advisor years ago, I was told I basically had no chance at all so cheers to us for defying those who doubted us!! As for me, I bought a bottle of champagne a week or two after my interview in anticipation for tomorrow, so that will be going in the fridge tonight to get nice and chilled to (hopefully) be enjoyed tomorrow!

Did she tell you her rationale for her assumption? My pre-health advisor told me that she "knows I am going to get into my top choice school on Dec 3", but I am still preparing for the worst.

Did she tell you her rationale for her assumption? My pre-health advisor told me that she "knows I am going to get into my top choice school on Dec 3", but I am still preparing for the worst.

My GPA was a train wreck (sGPA in particular) and therefore she didn't think I had much of a chance at doing well on the DAT either. She was suggesting to me that I spend a very long time (like six months) studying for the DAT over my gap year and also doubling my shadowing hours, stuff like that.

Honestly idk if my advisor knew what she was talking about. She advises pre-med kids all day so she seems to think that getting into dental school is the same as trying to get into med school?? If I was trying to do the MCAT and get into med school that would have been very valid advise...

My GPA was a train wreck (sGPA in particular) and therefore she didn't think I had much of a chance at doing well on the DAT either. She was suggesting to me that I spend a very long time (like six months) studying for the DAT over my gap year and also doubling my shadowing hours, stuff like that.

Honestly idk if my advisor knew what she was talking about. She advises pre-med kids all day so she seems to think that getting into dental school is the same as trying to get into med school?? If I was trying to do the MCAT and get into med school that would have been very valid advise...
Your RC score though :love: congratulations on all of your success thus far. Rooting for you!

My parents have planned a fancy graduation dinner for me this Wednesday. I am hoping to have some other good news to share with them on that day. :thumbup: Other than that, my plan is to stay as busy as possible.

just need to get accepted so I can feel better about the train wreck this semester is. all of my grades are borderline "A"s.

Reactions: 7 users

Yeah, although your chances would have been below average, given your GPA, but that GPA doesn't make it impossible, and then your DAT helped too. My advisor keeps telling me that I will get into my top choice tomorrow, but I'm not sure if she is just sugarcoating things. She has always been positive with me, trying to put what I perceived as weaknesses in my application into a positive light. She was the one who called into the admissions office of my top choice school to help me get an interview, and she was able to do so because she knew the admissions director very well. It made me wary about whether or not the admissions committee sincerely wanted me in the first place.

I feel as though I am not having much luck with my application, because my GPA declined from undergrad to grad (both in engineering), and I had a previous unsuccessful application to med school (I am still pissed off that AADSAS had to make me disclose this, like why should dental schools even be allowed to have this information). I sat for the MCAT once, and the CARS section did not go well at all (the DAT RC was cake compared to that). I told my parents that there was no point in applying to med school that cycle, and everyday since I started the AADSAS application, I still resent how my parents insisted that I try anyway. Now, everybody can only interpret it as: med school didn't work out for me, so I chose dental school only as a backup (which obviously no school wants).

I had a dream last night that I got into the one school that interviewed me. Then I woke up and thought, “Oh no, it’s only Sunday.” Hopefully this was a premonition and not a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
wish they just moved the day up instead of pushing it back.
i'm trying to prepare for my presentations tomorrow, but can't stop thinking about if i'll get a call/email or not

Anybody else logging off SDN indefinitely after tomorrow? Maybe not indefinitely... but definitely for a fair share of time.

If my status for a school changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Check Back on Dec 3" on Friday, is that a good sign?

Anybody else logging off SDN indefinitely after tomorrow? Maybe not indefinitely... but definitely for a fair share of time.
I feel like I would just panic if I kept logging into SDN to see people getting calls, if I haven't gotten the call yet.

If my status for a school changed from "Invited to Interview" to "Check Back on Dec 3" on Friday, is that a good sign?
Historically, it was a good sign at some schools. But really, it could go either way.

i might get on a couple more days then take a break since I have finals.
tbh, i like going on the FB Dental Interview group more than SDN

i might get on a couple more days then take a break since I have finals.
tbh, i like going on the FB Dental Interview group more than SDN
SDN is just so stressful. I'm sure I contribute to it too, but you can't have a conversation here without people freaking out about something. Maybe itll become less stressful after tomorrow.

I had a dream last night that I got into the one school that interviewed me. Then I woke up and thought, “Oh no, it’s only Sunday.” Hopefully this was a premonition and not a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same!

Think about this. December 3rd is the longest anyone has ever had to wait to get accepted to dental school. The year this will happen again is in 2029.

you win this thread

RECORD YOURSELF CHECKING YOUR EMAILS AND POST IT ON YOUTUBE PLEASE!!! I like watching them.

Reactions: 7 users
I have 2 papers due by the end of the night but all I can focus on is SDN and dreaming about that email/call :nailbiting::heckyeah::dead: