- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- General Residency Issues
- ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Countdown to Match Day 2015!
Started by tiedyeddog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any IMGs from carib care to share their experience? Did you guys/gals match?
So quiet in here I agree. What specialty is everyone shooting for ? I'm going Psych
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ob/Gyn 🙂So quiet in here I agree. What specialty is everyone shooting for ? I'm going Psych
Sweet U at LsU nola ? I ranked them high. If so have U been able to see that new univ hospital?
I actually went to LSU for undergrad and am at WashU for med schoolSweet U at LsU nola ? I ranked them high. If so have U been able to see that new univ hospital?
Ob/Gyn here, too.So quiet in here I agree. What specialty is everyone shooting for ? I'm going Psych
another psych matched!
Psych matched…
Any IMGs from carib care to share their experience? Did you guys/gals match?
Matched... Applied to FM mostly in Ca 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, matching and a 7th year member badge? Seems like yesterday I was a sophomore in college trying to pass calculus to now matching. Time has flown by.
For the IMGs, congrats! IS it mainly true then that you guys/gals are locked down to only Peds, IM/FM, and Psych? OR did some manage to match into more competitive fields? Thanks and congrats again!
Hi. From SGU, matched into IM.Any IMGs from carib care to share their experience? Did you guys/gals match?
Thank you! Its hard to say at this point, since my school's match list hasn't been revealed. However, from what I do know, most applied to IM, FM, Peds. I've heard of two Rads matches so far, and 2 Gen Surg matches, but nothing is set in stone until Friday.For the IMGs, congrats! IS it mainly true then that you guys/gals are locked down to only Peds, IM/FM, and Psych? OR did some manage to match into more competitive fields? Thanks and congrats again!
Congrats to all those who matched!
For the IMGs, congrats! IS it mainly true then that you guys/gals are locked down to only Peds, IM/FM, and Psych? OR did some manage to match into more competitive fields? Thanks and congrats again!
Non-US IMG here. Probably matched IM... But there's a slight chance it's a more competitive field. Happy either way at this point. Will update!
5
597622
USIMG matched categorical general surgery 🙂
And seriously, thank you to all the SDNers out there who ever helped me with advice leading up to this great news! Everyone is all about hyping match day, and I don't know about you guys but for me, Monday was the big day! Where I matched is less important than IF I matched. Congrats to all those who matched, and to those who didn't I seriously feel for each and every one of you and I wish everyone good luck today!
And seriously, thank you to all the SDNers out there who ever helped me with advice leading up to this great news! Everyone is all about hyping match day, and I don't know about you guys but for me, Monday was the big day! Where I matched is less important than IF I matched. Congrats to all those who matched, and to those who didn't I seriously feel for each and every one of you and I wish everyone good luck today!
Getting closer! It's so awesome talking with my classmates who matched. Can't wait to be in a big room with all of them when we get those envelopes!!!
USMIG Matched into Internal Medicine. Agree with the above poster. Although SDN seems like it can be full of neurotics, there is genuinely great advice from many posters. I am very appreciative of those who took the time to share their insights and provided positive yet realistic counseling and advice for other posters.
I matched into the best field of them all!😉
General Surgery.
Oh, yeah. I know everyone's jealous. Look out misbehavin' gallbladders, here I come!
General Surgery.

Oh, yeah. I know everyone's jealous. Look out misbehavin' gallbladders, here I come!
the match was rough this year apparently. unusually high number unmatched at my us allo school. wonder if this means we will be matching further down the rank list than previous years
Ortho
I matched into General Surgery.
I remember coming here 5 years ago, trying to figure out my chances of getting into medical school, barely getting in to the 1 school I interviewed at (off the waiting list), struggling through medical school (hey, it's hard to do with young kids), and now here we all stand MATCHED! and waiting to find out where our lives go next. Talk about a journey.
Good luck everyone.
I remember coming here 5 years ago, trying to figure out my chances of getting into medical school, barely getting in to the 1 school I interviewed at (off the waiting list), struggling through medical school (hey, it's hard to do with young kids), and now here we all stand MATCHED! and waiting to find out where our lives go next. Talk about a journey.
Good luck everyone.
Congrats, you earned it, I'm sure your kids are proud if they are old enough to understand what you just went through.I matched into General Surgery.
I remember coming here 5 years ago, trying to figure out my chances of getting into medical school, barely getting in to the 1 school I interviewed at (off the waiting list), struggling through medical school (hey, it's hard to do with young kids), and now here we all stand MATCHED! and waiting to find out where our lives go next. Talk about a journey.
Good luck everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One more day and we know where our futures will be at!
RelaxSo far I've found a home, daycare, church, gym, and shopping center in each of the potential program's city.... Oh and I've gotten moving cost quotes and cost of living differences analyzed...what else is there to do?
Drink and eat? 😀So far I've found a home, daycare, church, gym, and shopping center in each of the potential program's city.... Oh and I've gotten moving cost quotes and cost of living differences analyzed...what else is there to do?
One more day and we know where our futures will be at!
I know where mine is and I am busting at the seams to talk about it. The SOAP was the single hardest thing I had to go through in med-school but I ended up better with it than I would have been without it!
Like seriously just elated with the results!









Last edited:
congrats again, all that step 1 prep paid off, eh?
I know where mine is and I am busting at the seams to talk about it. The SOAP was the single hardest thing I had to go through in med-school but I ended up better with it than I would have been without it!
Like seriously just elated with the results!![]()
congrats again, all that step 1 prep paid off, eh?
I suppose it did!
I suppose it did!
Your story is awesome. I also know of an USIMG couple, kne who matched categorical in one city, the other who didnt match but managed to soap into a medicine prelim at her program and an advanced program in his choice of specialty. Its like kismet, incredibly lucky and fortunate. Cheers to you.
Ah so you did end up finding out? I thought you called and the lady told you to take a long walk off a short cliff?Good luck tomorrow everyone! I found out Tuesday where I am going and it was incredibly exciting. The wait sucks...but it will probably be worth it.
Ah so you did end up finding out? I thought you called and the lady told you to take a long walk off a short cliff?
LOL. I called a different lady the next day, changed my wording a bit...and I got the answer.
Your story is awesome. I also know of an USIMG couple, kne who matched categorical in one city, the other who didnt match but managed to soap into a medicine prelim at her program and an advanced program in his choice of specialty. Its like kismet, incredibly lucky and fortunate. Cheers to you.
Thanks! It's such a relief to be done with this whole process!
US-IMG from small carib school here. I matched on monday to an IM program, not sure where yet. I was really surprised, I thought I would be SOAPing too. but I wanted to wish everyone here good luck.
I have a question though, what seems to be the consensus about why people went unmatched? was it due to a small rank list? Very specific geographical applications? or just very competitive residencies with no backups?
I have a couple friends who went unmatched because they just didnt have enough interviews..
I have a question though, what seems to be the consensus about why people went unmatched? was it due to a small rank list? Very specific geographical applications? or just very competitive residencies with no backups?
I have a couple friends who went unmatched because they just didnt have enough interviews..
So close. I was in clinic with the chair of my home program, which is where I want to stay, and he was talking all about match tomorrow and how excited he is for me and my classmates, etc. Then told me that he knows who matched to the program already since the PD found out today. Sooo frustrating!! I just want to know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under 12 hours!
wow, tiedyeddog, I take it you didn't get much sleep?Under 12 hours!
Couldn't fall asleep till 3 am myself...ahhhh...just under 5 hours!
I was too busy drinking, lol. We will all be fine, friend!wow, tiedyeddog, I take it you didn't get much sleep?
Couldn't fall asleep till 3 am myself...ahhhh...just under 5 hours!
Have a great day everyone; hope you all have a wonderful day and get your #1s 🙂 enjoy it!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
