This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariobrosdoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
or we can relax.

Reactions: 14 users
or we can relax.

straight_a_student.gif

lol. yayy so excited for Dec 1st :) Less than 6 weeks!

Does anyone know if most schools call PST or EST?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I lurked on last year's thread trying to imagine what it would be like when I actually applied. Now, I'll know what it's like!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I lurked on last year's thread trying to imagine what it would be like when I actually applied. Now, I'll know what it's like!!!

Dude me too! I lurked though last year's threads and got excited for when it would be our turn. Stoked that it's finally happening. Thanks for making our thread OP. :D

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck, everyone! If you don't get any acceptances on the 1st (like me) do not freak out. Interviews and acceptances keep coming!

Reactions: 5 users
i remember these days. now it's countdown to graduation :laugh:

Reactions: 8 users
I only have one interview so far so it's not looking too great for me statistically, but still can't help but feel a little excited. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also heard from a current dental student that (at least for my state school) they do not send an automated e-mail at midnight or anything. So, don't freak out if you don't get anything at 12 on the dot. Best of luck, everybody!

Also heard from a current dental student that (at least for my state school) they do not send an automated e-mail at midnight or anything. So, don't freak out if you don't get anything at 12 on the dot. Best of luck, everybody!
Last year I received my decline letter from OU at about 10:30 in the morning.

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping this cycle is better.

What's everyone doing to keep busy?
For me it’s work and part time school. This is my third cycle and if I don’t get in this time I’m applying for a Diagnostic sonography technician. It’s a 2 year course. I need to start some program in school so I can move on with my life.

For me it’s work and part time school. This is my third cycle and if I don’t get in this time I’m applying for a Diagnostic sonography technician. It’s a 2 year course. I need to start some program in school so I can move on with my life.

I'm hoping the best for you this cycle. You got this!!

This is happening guys! Anyone else work on the 1st? Hoping to somehow not work that day.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
This is happening guys! Anyone else work on the 1st? Hoping to somehow not work that day.

I also work on the 1st! My supervisor is super chill though so we can use our phones and go on non work related websites during work. Probably still going to call in "sick" lol

Sidenote- We can now say we have 4 weeks and X amount of days!

I also work on the 1st! My supervisor is super chill though so we can use our phones and go on non work related websites during work. Probably still going to call in "sick" lol

Sidenote- We can now say we have 4 weeks and X amount of days!

Same! I think I’m going to go to the “doctor” that day . Our initial fate is a month away. Hoping we all eat our first pick!

Reactions: 3 users
I can't miss work that day, but good thing it's a Friday.

@PredentalPrincess remember when you posted "welcome to August" in the interview thread..that was 3 months ago lol seems like it was yesterday.

Yes! a week after that I got the bulk of my interview offers and I remember being so excited. Look at us now...waiting for our lives to be decided lol. No big deal! This cycle felt really long in the beginning.

Reactions: 7 users
Luckily it's a Friday and we don't have patients... So hopefully I get the call that day!! Less then 5 weeks!

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

I requested off that day :)

I remember where I was when I got the call. It was early morning (atleast for me), so go figure.
Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 6 users
Our last year countdown thread was too lit! Let’s see if Class of 2022 has what it takes.

Reactions: 1 user
Thinking of giving my students some group worksheets so they won't notice if I suddenly need to slip out to take a phone call :laugh:

Reactions: 10 users
Do most schools tend to fill up their classes on December 1st? I had a friend who got in a couple cycles back that received his call on December 4th, so I'm trying to figure out when the REAL panic needs to start...

Do most schools tend to fill up their classes on December 1st? I had a friend who got in a couple cycles back that received his call on December 4th, so I'm trying to figure out when the REAL panic needs to start...
I think it varies by school.... but I'd wait until like the 15th before I get too anxious. Although that's easier said than done because I'm already on pins and needles!

Reactions: 1 user
Happy November 1st!! 29 days and 17 hours (AZ Time).

Reactions: 8 users
This is gonna be a longgggg month

Reactions: 12 users
**cue all of us explaining to our family members at Thanksgiving why we haven't heard back yet**

Literally everyone asks if I have heard anything yet and I have to explain over and over about December 1st.

Reactions: 28 users
Exactly! I'm considering making a shirt that says Dec. 1st, so I don't have to repeat myself so many times.

Reactions: 12 users
Dec 1st can't come soon enough!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
**cue all of us explaining to our family members at Thanksgiving why we haven't heard back yet**
Maybe I'll make business cards, no words just hand them the card and walk away.

I don’t think I’m very excited about December 1st since I only had one interview. I’m mainly wondering what happened to the other schools that I never heard from. At least a rejection is an answer. I hate being in limbo.