Counting biological anthropology courses towards sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tsqd002

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking 2 biological anthropology courses, mostly for my interest but in part to raise my science GPA. I was wondering if it would be likely that AMCAS lets me count them towards my science GPA. I know it's not explicitly biology, but my school lists the courses as Biological Anthropology/ANTHRBIO (separate from the normal anthropology/ANTHRCUL course code) and I've heard of some people having Biological Anthropology accepted for sGPA by AMCAS.

The courses in question are both evolution related ("How Humans Evolved" & "Human Longevity: the evolution and future of aging"), I'm inclined to include them as science courses because of the overlap and since they'll probably end up boosting my sGPA. Is it likely that AMCAS accepts these as science courses, or would it be too much of a stretch?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! They should count. Download the syllabi for the classes for your records in case they question it, but I had 2 bioanthro courses considered for my sGPA with no problem. DM me if you have any questions. also go anthropology!!!