couple of bio questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pistolpete007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats the difference b/w releaser phermone and sex phermone. also on destroyer 185:
A. chemical that tavels outside the body, carrying info to members of the same species-AGGREGATION PHERMONE?
Bthey may act as sex attractants- is this sex phermone or releaser?
c.Fromic acid produced by ants is an example of a Trail phermone?
D.Many vertebrates use pheromones in feces, urine or scet glands to mark territories....territorial phermone

If an organism has a diploid number 18, how many chromatids are visible at the end of mitotiic prophase, mitotic telophase, meisois prophase I, meiosis telophase I, meiosis prohase II, and meiosis telophase II respectively?

Members don't see this ad.

whats the difference b/w releaser phermone and sex phermone. also on destroyer 185:
A. chemical that tavels outside the body, carrying info to members of the same species-AGGREGATION PHERMONE?
Bthey may act as sex attractants- is this sex phermone or releaser?
c.Fromic acid produced by ants is an example of a Trail phermone?
D.Many vertebrates use pheromones in feces, urine or scet glands to mark territories....territorial phermone

If an organism has a diploid number 18, how many chromatids are visible at the end of mitotiic prophase, mitotic telophase, meisois prophase I, meiosis telophase I, meiosis prohase II, and meiosis telophase II respectively?

I will answer the second question...end of mitotic prophase=36, mitotic telophase=18 (if you are refering to a single cell, each has 18), meiosis prophase I=36, meiosis telophase I=18, meiosis prophase II=18, meiosis telophase II=9

1 sister chromatid = 2 chromatids
1 chromosome = 1 or 2 chromatids = 2 sister chromatids

I put 1 or 2 chromatids because during prophase I when you have a homologous chromosome and 2 chromatids it is 1 chromosome but after they seperate completely during anaphase II you will still have 1 chromosome with 1 chromatid...

as far as I know, there isnt much of diff between releaser phermones and sex phermones. They both kinda of do all mention facts that you said.