Couple of questions about applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoBad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been on a medical mission, and wasn't sure how to put down the hours. Should the hours be the whole time I was there, or "active" hours, which are still pretty subjective? Also since it was interspersed dates and different areas, should I list each medical mission separately (same organization), or as the same EC? Furthermore, can I overlap hours, as I shadowed doctors while they were assisting patients during the mission, do I have to subtract that from the time overall medical mission hours?

P.S. Is lots of shadowing hours really necessary? I understand the point of it (so you don't decide to be a doc without knowing what its really like), but I have plenty of knowledge and first hand experience on what its like from non-official shadowing (personal experiences with relatives clinic).

Please help, the more I think about it the more questions come up. Stop me before I collapse into a stuttering mess:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Just do your best with these things. There isn't a defined way of doing this stuff.

I'd recommend dividing the total number of hours you spent doing clinically relevant activities by the number of weeks you were there to give you your hours/week number. I would then use the given space to generally describe what you did.