Couple Qs Concerning DIY Post bacc (Reinvention)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

that_sad_fish

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I'm getting closer to finishing my undergraduate degree, I want to try to narrow down my plans/choices for how to go about a DIY Post bacc. Since I was pre-med during undergraduate, I've completed most possible BCPM pre-reqs, with the exception of Physics, so I'm focusing more on reinvention/academic enhancement for my post bacc. I've been scouring other threads to try to come up with a general gameplan and what I'm looking for in a postbacc institution-- this is where I'm having some trouble:

I'm looking to take maybe 2-3 basic/pre-req courses (physics, biochemistry (retake)), the rest would be higher level science courses (using many of @Goro 's list of recommended courses for reinvention), that possibly aim to mimic a 1st year medical school curriculum/rigor.

Should look to take undergraduate or graduate level courses for higher level science courses? If graduate-level courses, then what would be the best way to take these courses in a DIY postbacc pathway?

Which would be the better option if applying to a state school/4-year college: non-degree-seeking student or apply for another bachelor's (for financial aid purposes)?

I'm sorry if any of these questions are stupid/obvious, the internet has been my main source of info; I welcome any and all relevant advice that you guys may have, thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing mimics 1st year medical school

Just do upper level undergraduate courses. Nobody cares if you sign up as degree seeking or not