Course classifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hschemteacher

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for the 2012 class and have a number of "x's" by AMCAS on my Academic Record list that I'm just not sure why. If I called AMCAS, would they tell me why? (It's the weekend, or I would just do it right now and try). Things like Organic Chemistry (both I and II) I have as Chem, but AMCAS has a big 'ol "x" next to each of them. Neither had labs, so shouldn't be that. Courses with "x's" and how I have them classified are:
Chem: Organic Chemistry I
Chem: Organic Chemistry II
Chem: Directed Research
Chem: Intermediate Analytical Chemistry
Chem: Inorganic Chemistry
Hist: History of Science to Science Revolution
Phil: Scientific Thought

What's wrong with them?

Members don't see this ad.

What does your transcript say? If it's as you listed the courses, you could send them an email. But, the X might mean mothing since you got verified anyway.

So in 2012 AMCAS's transcript verification resulted in some X's and you're just seeing them now, 2 years later?

Sorry, I should clarify. I applied in for the 2012 class (and failed), and I'm re-applying for entry to the 2015 class. I printed my 2012 application as a guideline for entering my courses for the 2015 application (cross referencing with my transcripts), and figured if AMCAS put an "x" next to some of the courses, I would enter them correctly for the 2015 application. However, I can't figure out why AMCAS reclassified them. For the 2012 application, I entered them exactly as they appeared on my transcript.
Does that make more sense? Sorry for the confusion.

On a similar note, if I completed a course and then retook the course for a better grade, I know I need to enter both classes (and grades) on my course list, and do I put "Repeated" next to both of them? Or only the second attempt?

Thank you!