Got a C in one of my Post Bacc Courses

Started by More_Rice
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

More_Rice

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?
 
I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?
Take the W. Protect your post-bac GPA at all cost.
 
Masters hardly matters. That was a perk you could've gotten from the program if you hadn't gotten the C. Withdraw and keep the increased sGPA/gGPA - those are the things that matter more by far.