Got a C in one of my Post Bacc Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

More_Rice

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?

Members don't see this ad.

I took a post bacc program in anatomy and physiology and have A's and A-'s in all of my classes except for anatomy. The anatomy course is an 8-credit hour course and I got a C in it, I was really stressed this past month because my dad was diagnosed with COVID-19 and it was hard to focus, especially when learning anatomy online and without a lab is hard enough.
My undergrad science gpa was 3.4 and my mcat is 509.

If I withdraw from anatomy (I can still withdraw because my school extended the deadline to do so), I end up with a 3.8 science GPA and a W on my transcript and won't get any degree.
If I stay in the course, I end up with a 3.2 science GPA with the chance to get a masters in anatomy.

What do you think is the better option?
Take the W. Protect your post-bac GPA at all cost.

Take the W and run; use the COVID storyline on application to your advantage and you might have barely avoided a bigger red flag.

Reactions: 1 users
Masters hardly matters. That was a perk you could've gotten from the program if you hadn't gotten the C. Withdraw and keep the increased sGPA/gGPA - those are the things that matter more by far.

Reactions: 1 user