What is the proper course classification for a Bioinformatics class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MadScientist228

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be reapplying to both MD and DO programs next year, but need a new science faculty LOR. I'm thinking of taking a class titled "Bioinformatics and Scientific Computing". It's listed with a "BIO" designation, but I wonder if the application services will count it as a computer science course instead. I checked SDN for similar questions, but any asking about bioinformatics seem outdated. I would just take a different class to be safe, but I really like the instructor and the class fits into my schedule nicely.