Course Credits = Semester hours; help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Enter the number of credits ATTEMPTED for this course.
*Special Instructions for applicants whose transcripts list course credits/units (one course=1 credit/unit) instead of semester/quarter hours (one course=3.33 semester hours or 5 quarter hours): In order for your GPAs to be calculated you must list your coursework with semester or quarter hours rather than course credits/units, even if your transcript lists course credits/units. Institutions that use the credit/unit system generally have the semester/quarter conversion ratio listed on the back of the transcript. For example, 1 credit/unit = 3.33 semester hours or 5 quarter hours. If you do not locate this information on the back of your transcript, you should call your institution's registrar or records office.

On my transcript it is listed as "units"

On the back of the transcript, it says, "1 course unit = 4 semester hours"

So for Credits.. what should I list on my application? 1.. or convert it to 4? This is so confusing :(

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It would be best to call AADSAS and speak with one of their staff, since they know these things best. Once you find out, please also share your wisdom with us on the forums.

hmmm okk ... I think i'm just going to go with 1 credit... i'm under the impression that the aadsas will convert to semester hours for me... I want to submit it tonight..!