course equivalency at a community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

istaloni

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am retaking some classes to boost my sGPA in a community college, and I know that the course unit must be equal or greater than the number of units that I want to replace. I went to www.assist.org and I was confused about the course equivalency of some subjects.

So I got an A at Genchem1, B at Genchem2, and A at Genchem3 (all at UCSD and 4 units each, quarter system)
For the community college, Genchem1=Chem200 (3 units, semester)
However, it says Genchem2=Chem200&Chem201 (3 units each).

Do I just take Chem201 at the community college, since Chem200 may be just a prerequisite of Chem201? Or do I have to take both Chem200 and Chem201, since taking only Chem201 is only 3 units?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am retaking some classes to boost my sGPA in a community college, and I know that the course unit must be equal or greater than the number of units that I want to replace. I went to www.assist.org and I was confused about the course equivalency of some subjects.

So I got an A at Genchem1, B at Genchem2, and A at Genchem3 (all at UCSD and 4 units each, quarter system)
For the community college, Genchem1=Chem200 (3 units, semester)
However, it says Genchem2=Chem200&Chem201 (3 units each).

Do I just take Chem201 at the community college, since Chem200 may be just a prerequisite of Chem201? Or do I have to take both Chem200 and Chem201, since taking only Chem201 is only 3 units?

Don't retake a B. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't retake a B. Problem solved.

I got a C in one of my Physics subjects, and I am confused about the quarter (4units) vs semester (3 units) units and how it works if I want to retake the course.

Should I take both Chem200 and Chem201, or just Chem201?

I got a C in one of my Physics subjects, and I am confused about the quarter (4units) vs semester (3 units) units and how it works if I want to retake the course.

Should I take both Chem200 and Chem201, or just Chem201?

The way retake work is that the C on your first physic subject get replace with your grade the second time you take the physic subject.
For example:
First time: General physic 1, 4 credit in quarter system , you got a C
Second time: Gen Physic 1, 3 CREDIT in semester system, You got an A
The A from second time will be calculate into your GPA and the C will not be calculate so your GPA is a 4.0
Also, in order to replace a course, the credit from the second time must be equal or greater than the first course credit.
4 credit in quarter = 2.7 in semester

Edit: I wouldn't retake the gen chem class and retake course you got Cs on.