Course Listing question on AMCAS App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoly22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a general science seminar class that covered contemporary research in in physics, chemistry, and biology. Can I leave this out of the BPCM classification since I didn't do well in it?

Members don't see this ad.

amoly22 said:
I took a general science seminar class that covered contemporary research in in physics, chemistry, and biology. Can I leave this out of the BPCM classification since I didn't do well in it?
No.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, the justification is that it does not fall directly into one of the categories and was not your typical science class, in the sense that all the work was essay based. Is the appropriate thing to do just to pick one of the three categories to put it in? Obviously, if I did good in the class, I would definitely try to include in as part of the science GPA. However, the fact that it wasn't a typical science class, has no specific classification, and would lower my GPA make me want to leave it out. I mean why would I want to leave it out if I did good in it???

BrettBatchelor said:
I love the fact that you want to leave it out b/c you did bad, no other justification. :laugh:

Also, Preakness kicks the Derby's ass.

That's the thing, it's not really in a department. In our course book, it's listed under "Science," which has a grand total of two courses.

According to the content, I think they would put it into BCPM. You can try it but don't be surprised if it gets corrected.

PS: Preakness is the weakness of the Triple Crown. Shortest distance.

BrettBatchelor said:
According to the content, I think they would put it into BCPM. You can try it but don't be surprised if it gets corrected.

PS: Preakness is the weakness of the Triple Crown. Shortest distance.

Sorry to keep going on about this issue, but if AMCAS does decide that it needs to be corrected, does that slow down the whole application process?

Can I list a "human nutrition" and "nutrition and lifecycle" course under BCMP. At my school it is offered through the Nutritional Sciences Department.

BrettBatchelor said:
Yeah a little bit.

moto_za said:
Can I list a "human nutrition" and "nutrition and lifecycle" course under BCMP. At my school it is offered through the Nutritional Sciences Department.
Nope. Health Sciences. Consult the AMCAS Manual.