course loads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hrodgar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So up till now (junior year) Ive had fairly demanding course loads. This has mostly been a function of the way my major is set up. For example this sem Im taking Biochem, Immunology, Pathology, Microbio and immuno Lab, and an English. (All 300 levels) But next sem (senior year) I suddenly only have 1 required course (400 level) and the rest is completely up to me. I could choose between possible complimentary upper level classes (but I dont need to because Ive already fulfilled my requirements for complimentaries).

Do I have to maintain a similar course load (or otherwise risk looking like Im slacking off)?

Would taking a 200 level physiology and then filling the other 3 slots with lower leveled (100-200) introductory and interest classes be a bad move?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think it matters. take w/e you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
So up till now (junior year) Ive had fairly demanding course loads. This has mostly been a function of the way my major is set up. For example this sem Im taking Biochem, Immunology, Pathology, Microbio and immuno Lab, and an English. (All 300 levels) But next sem (senior year) I suddenly only have 1 required course (400 level) and the rest is completely up to me. I could choose between possible complimentary upper level classes (but I dont need to because Ive already fulfilled my requirements for complimentaries).

Do I have to maintain a similar course load (or otherwise risk looking like Im slacking off)?

Would taking a 200 level physiology and then filling the other 3 slots with lower leveled (100-200) introductory and interest classes be a bad move?

What interests you? Why not pick up a music or an art class? If you are a gunner then maybe you could take a easy course load in order to focus on some EC's that might interest you.... Volunteer in a children s hospital or find some lab work. There are many options to choose from.

thanks for replies. I was thinking of taking a technology topics course that seems interesting and considering a social psychology type course. Both of these should be very easy in comparison but still interesting. Im going to apply this june so it should be good to have it easier in case of interviews and traveling. The reason Im concerned though is because my cGPA will be on the lower side (3.45ish). So if Im borderline I want to be able to send in an updated transcript. (Should boost me to over 3.5 if I do well). However, I dont want adcomms to take it the wrong way...

What interests you? Why not pick up a music or an art class? If you are a gunner then maybe you could take a easy course load in order to focus on some EC's that might interest you.... Volunteer in a children s hospital or find some lab work. There are many options to choose from.
...You can even explore other interest. In other words, not everything you do has to be school related; try new things, enjoy your time, and pick up some hobbies so you can have some fun.