Courses on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacdaddyDaniels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What classes are related to MCAT material. I would like to know so I can put extra effort into those classes I have left and know when I should take the MCAT. I am assuming gen chem, organic chem, bio and physics A and B are on it. Is there any other classes? perhaps upper level biology that would help?

Members don't see this ad.

Upper level biology (physiology) would help; genetics, microbiology would also make your life easier as far as biology questions go.

Biochemistry would probably make organic chem easier, although I found that I didn't need to study for the organic chem section of the MCAT at all and never missed any questions, after taking a year of the organic pre-requisite.

Not sure how much would help with physics and chemistry that your typical pre-med would take. Physical chem might help because that's essentially a higher-level general/inorganic chem (I think). Some engineering classes might help, but you wouldn't take those unless you were an engineering major.