Courses Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am applying this round and I am taking 4 upper division online courses this summer through Oregon State, Ok State and Berkley. I spoke to several of the vet schools that approved these courses. They don't have labs. They never said it was good or bad if I had online courses. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows how online courses are viewed when applying. I own my own business so it was easier for me timewise. The classes are animal genetics, animal physiology, calculus and animal nutrition. I am assuming it is not bad if the admissions approved them. Also my science GPA is only a 3.1-3.4 and last 45 is a 3.2 or 3.3 depending if my D+ is replaced with my A. I have a 4 year degree in business as well. My experience is about 2000 hours covering wildlife, zoo, small animal(emergency and regular clinic), equine, research project in costa rica, and bovine. 1040 of these are working under a vet. I have tons of other volunteer experiences as well. I am really not thinking I will get in with these stats. I am applying to 20 schools and the Caribbean is not an option. I have to retake my GRE this summer as well. I have taken about 17 credits a semester plus volunteered or worked. Feedback would be much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,
I am applying this round and I am taking 4 upper division online courses this summer through Oregon State, Ok State and Berkley. I spoke to several of the vet schools that approved these courses. They don't have labs. They never said it was good or bad if I had online courses. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows how online courses are viewed when applying. I own my own business so it was easier for me timewise. The classes are animal genetics, animal physiology, calculus and animal nutrition. I am assuming it is not bad if the admissions approved them. Also my science GPA is only a 3.1-3.4 and last 45 is a 3.2 or 3.3 depending if my D+ is replaced with my A. I have a 4 year degree in business as well. My experience is about 2000 hours covering wildlife, zoo, small animal(emergency and regular clinic), equine, research project in costa rica, and bovine. 1040 of these are working under a vet. I have tons of other volunteer experiences as well. I am really not thinking I will get in with these stats. I am applying to 20 schools and the Caribbean is not an option. I have to retake my GRE this summer as well. I have taken about 17 credits a semester plus volunteered or worked. Feedback would be much appreciated

Repost this in the What Are My Chances? thread under stickies and you'll get feedback :)