AspiringAnesthetist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The following courses is the courses I will be taking my 1st and 2nd year. I wanted to know if these courses suffice to prepare for the MCAT.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Term 1:
College Algebra, Public Speaking, Micro Computer Applications, English Composition 1, American History 1
Term 2:
Biology 1, Biology 1 Lab, Applied Ethics, English Composition 2, Statistics, American History 2
Term 3:
Pre-Calculus Algebra/Trigonometry, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 1, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 1 Lab, Biology 2, Biology 2 Lab, American Federal Government
Term 4:
Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Humanities, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 2, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 2 Lab, Macro Economics
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also do not known if I should be taking macro or micro economics.

I also am required to take American History 1&2, American Federal Government, and Economics based upon my collegiate high school agreement.

I plan on going to USF to pursue a Biomedical Degree. Possibly a dual major in biology or an additional minor. I believe these are prerequisites to many other courses needed. When I get to USF, I will make sure to take BioChemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics 1&2.

Is there any courses that I have missed for preparation towards the MCAT?

Any help is strongly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

The following courses is the courses I will be taking my 1st and 2nd year. I wanted to know if these courses suffice to prepare for the MCAT.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Term 1:
College Algebra, Public Speaking, Micro Computer Applications, English Composition 1, American History 1
Term 2:
Biology 1, Biology 1 Lab, Applied Ethics, English Composition 2, Statistics, American History 2
Term 3:
Pre-Calculus Algebra/Trigonometry, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 1, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 1 Lab, Biology 2, Biology 2 Lab, American Federal Government
Term 4:
Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Humanities, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 2, General Chemistry and Qualitative Analysis 2 Lab, Macro Economics
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also do not known if I should be taking macro or micro economics.

I also am required to take American History 1&2, American Federal Government, and Economics based upon my collegiate high school agreement.

I plan on going to USF to pursue a Biomedical Degree. Possibly a dual major in biology or an additional minor. I believe these are prerequisites to many other courses needed. When I get to USF, I will make sure to take BioChemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics 1&2.

Is there any courses that I have missed for preparation towards the MCAT?

Any help is strongly appreciated

Those courses will not suffice for taking the MCAT. The bad news is, nothing in high school will suffice for MCAT preparation. The good news is, it doesn't have to, that's what college is for!

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed with above poster. You don’t need to take the MCAT until 3 years after you start undergrad. By that point, you should have Bio 1&2, Gen Chem 1&2, O-Chem1&2,and other courses required to succeed on the MCAT.

I think you should consider adding some fun classes in there. College will prepare you for taking the MCAT; you don't have to try to cram it all in now. Take some fun electives. Show you're well rounded and all that. But I'm a PhD, not MD, so what do I know. But I don't think high school matters as much as you think it does.

Reactions: 1 user