Cover Letter and Love Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chickensoupdr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do fellowship programs send any hints right after an interview? Is sending "love letters" to your first choice even a thing in the fellowship game?
 
Some fellowships sent the "it was a pleasure meeting" you letter and some didn't send anything at all after the interview. I sent a brief "thanks for interviewing me, I loved your program and will rank it #1" email to my top choice.

For what it's worth, I didn't hear a peep from my top fellowship choice after the interview, even after my love letter and still matched there.