COVID-19 and tuition reimbursement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h0td0g

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Hope everyone's safe at home!! I have heard different things about schools reimbursing some tuition since we're not using their facilities during this period. We won't be using facilities for 2 months this semester, which is half the semester. Any information from any schools on this topic yet?

Members don't see this ad.

A petition? lol

Pod school is a business, and like every other business, if they continue to provide education/exams through an online platform with no delay in the graduation year then why should they reimburse anyone.

This pandemic is new to everyone, and we were not prepared for it.

I will be very curious to see if you learn more about this. That said - consider the fact that 4th years often spend 0% of their time at their respective school and tuition is still 100%. When you sign up for the school you are essentially agreeing to pay a total cost (and the cost increases along the way). Don't sit there saying - well I pay $30K a year. Say - I've agreed to pay $120K in tuition over the next few years. Dexter has the right of it. Your school's goal (besides making money) is to produce a podiatrist in 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
give money back? Ha. You’re dreaming. The reality is that they’ll charge you even more next year because they’re losing money by not having school clinics open

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
My school breaks down payments among "tuition", "facility fees", etc. Facility fees should be reimbursed at the very least since, you know, we aren't allowed on the facilities...

My school breaks down payments among "tuition", "facility fees", etc. Facility fees should be reimbursed at the very least since, you know, we aren't allowed on the facilities...

Exactly! My school has that breakdown too but I don't think they will reimburse even a penny!

I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t reimburse. But like every other “business”, you have consumers/customers. We as students are the consumers. Their product is Podiatric Medical Education. Covid or no covid, we currently are not receiving the product we have paid for. If any other business decided to just give you half of what you paid for would you say oh well, that’s just a business?! If you bought a 50” tv and they sent you a 25” tv, would still be saying “oh covid is tough and they weren’t prepared, I’ll be ok with the 25”?! I know there are a lot of other considerations and I know the schools are working through this tough time, but I think there’s a lot more to the conversation than myself or most of us here understand.
I don’t have the expectation of a refund of any tuition personally but I completely understand why many many students are upset.

A petition? lol

Pod school is a business, and like every other business, if they continue to provide education/exams through an online platform with no delay in the graduation year then why should they reimburse anyone.

This pandemic is new to everyone, and we were not prepared for it.
We didn't listen. We DIDNT listen