COVID-19 and Virtual Interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_distant_dream

Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently live in a college dorm and 3 of the people I live with have COVID-19. My first virtual interview is next week. I’m handwashing / sanitizing / masking religiously, but would love any thoughts on what to do if I actually do get COVID-19 and whether rescheduling would reflect poorly on me. Thank you in advance for any advice. Any prophylactic suggestions would also be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It goes without saying that you should be vaccinated including a booster. With any luck, you will not catch the virus or you will be asymptomatic and able to conduct your interview without a hitch.

Just as you would if you caught the flu or some other illness that made it impossible to participate in an interview (more than once in my 30s, I contracted laryngitis to the point where I could not speak) it will not be held against you if you have to ask to reschedule due to illness.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you get COVID-19, follow the appropriate protocols to make sure you stay healthy, and do not expose others unnecessarily. I agree you should have gotten vaccinated and boosted. If it's a virtual interview, notify the admissions team as quickly as possible if you will not be able to attend your session and find out how you can reschedule.

Reactions: 4 users