COVID-19 impact essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abc_dreamer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does everyone submit the optional COVID-19 impact essay?
Although I am affected by the pandemic (lost relatives-like many others), I don't know how to talk about it. Should it be like a dry essay listing the difficulties that I have faced or it should be more like a story? Really frustrated with this one :(

Would anyone be willing to share their essay with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Im also writing the COVID impact statement, but am focusing on the financial uncertainties faced while living in a single parent household. Its way too easy to sound "whiny" with this so I feel your pain!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm writing it! I agree, it's kinda confusing. I wrote it as more of a "dry narrative" so hopefully, it doesn't sound like me just complaining lol

It shouldn't be personal.

Were any shadowing or EC activities affected? Transition in learning formats that was difficult and could explain within reason a low grade here and there? What unique things did you do for your community or application during Covid while 99% of the world was at home watching Netflix?

Reactions: 1 user
It shouldn't be personal.

Were any shadowing or EC activities affected? Transition in learning formats that was difficult and could explain within reason a low grade here and there? What unique things did you do for your community or application during Covid while 99% of the world was at home watching Netflix?
Agreed. The adcom doesn't really want to read another essay. Keep it short and sweet