Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a problem with the COVID-19 Vaccine and need some advice here.

I am an accepted student of optometry school. The immunization service required COVID-19 vaccine by 7/1/2021. I am currently not in the US and not able to receive the vaccine before 7/1 because there are only few confirmed case here. I wonder whether this is going to be a problem with my admission. Will the school forfeit my seat because I haven't vaccinated before the due date.

I am so nervous now. I emailed the school's admission but they haven't reply yet.
Honestly, any of us would just be guessing. I would wait and see what the school says.

In a worst-case scenario, any possibility for you to return a few weeks early?

Members don't see this ad.

I would reach out to the school's student health services to see what they suggest. I would also suggest you plan to find housing early and arrive on campus early to quarantine and get the vaccine through the office of student health. I'm hoping that if we're talking May/June that the US will have a supply large enough that it would be easier to schedule (through student health). You can also do your best to see if you can get a J&J one-shot vaccine where you are, but I do not know how global distribution of vaccines is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.