COVID Karens.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I beg to differ just calling out a double standard, and I fail to see the “karenesque” nature of what was said. Just because you disagree?... but regardless thanks for your highly intellectual input :)

Members don't see this ad.

So can we call all the black women in these protests who are screaming at the top of their lungs trying to incite violence and hurling rocks at police... can we call them shaniquas. They are acting crazy and on pure emotion and just legit off their rocker. No we can NOT... because that would be racist. I just stay away from it all and just call all of them idiots, why get into the racial stuff, it doesn’t help anyone in the long run and it plays in to the hands of identity politics which to me is one of the driving forces that is destroying this country that I love!!

I agree with that....and this is why I don't say anything unless I'm anonymous on a forum like this.

Reactions: 1 user
Point in case that this was just taken off sig other’s social media... Kyle which is now the male white version of a Karen used by a black individual as a racist slur and epithet!!! I don’t condone this use of these terms and people should fight back from making this the new norm!!!

Attachments

• 1593839826152.jpeg
    1593839826152.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Point in case that this was just taken off sig other’s social media... Kyle which is now the male white version of a Karen used by a black individual as a racist slur and epithet!!! I don’t condone this use of these terms and people should fight back from making this the new norm!!!

sorry, but really that’s the post showing the horrific anti white racism that has you all offended? It deserves an eye roll maybe but not a gasp at the audacity.

I’m sure they are out there but in terms of antinwhite racist terms I hardly think this is up there with words like cracker; while SJW types really annoy the hell out of me I don’t feel discriminated against by the use of Karen or Kyle considering I would never be called as such. They refer not just to a social group but rather a very specific personality/behavior within specific individuals usually but not always in that social group. I’ve met Hispanic (sorry LatinX) people who would also be called Karen by others (I haven’t really used the term myself)

it seems to me more akin to a white version of “Bye Felicia” than to “Hey cracker!”

Reactions: 6 users
sorry, but really that’s the post showing the horrific anti white racism that has you all offended? It deserves an eye roll maybe but not a gasp at the audacity.

I’m sure they are out there but in terms of antinwhite racist terms I hardly think this is up there with words like cracker; while SJW types really annoy the hell out of me I don’t feel discriminated against by the use of Karen or Kyle considering I would never be called as such. They refer not just to a social group but rather a very specific personality/behavior within specific individuals usually but not always in that social group. I’ve met Hispanic (sorry LatinX) people who would also be called Karen by others (I haven’t really used the term myself)

it seems to me more akin to a white version of “Bye Felicia” than to “Hey cracker!”
You’re just missing the whole entire point... and I’m about 5, prolly 6 beers in to explain it all over again... you do you

I mean...if you want to think that the term "Karen" is some sort of racist epithet then go ahead.

I just hope that the people who are all riled up about the term "Karen" have a similar level of concern over the other manifestations of racism in our society.

Hate to break it to ya!!! Racism isn’t a one way street!!! But I’m sure you already knew that :)

Hate to break it to ya!!! Racism isn’t a one way street!!! But I’m sure you already knew that :)

I never said it was. I just hope you have that same energy and enthusiasm for fighting racism in all forms.

• Love
I never said it was. I just hope you have that same energy and enthusiasm for fighting racism in all forms.
Absolutely... I call it out on all ends and forms... regardless of color, sex and creed!! But considering this post was relating to Karen’s... hence the highlight on this term

Total Karen! Debra Wilson is a riot! Friggen hilarious. If we can’t laugh at racial stereotypes, we’re doomed. OMG, Nicole Sullivan’s character’s name is actually Karen in this skit!

Last edited:
Absolutely... I call it out on all ends and forms... regardless of color, sex and creed!! But considering this post was relating to Karen’s... hence the highlight on this term

Excellent. I'll see you at the next BLM protest then :)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I won't see y'all at any rally, but welcome open and honest conversations about potentially divisive topics. #MAGA #BLM #LGBTQXYZ

Thread sufficiently derailed. I'm out, but look forward to more covid Karen stories getting posted.

I was a nurse long before Pod school. Currently working in urgent care for some spending money. Here in the NE we're strict on mask. No mask, no play.

Karen comes in refused to wear a mask.

Me: Ma'am, you have to wear a mask. We will not see you without one.

Karen: The build up of carbohydrates (YUP, carbohydrates) is affecting my O2 level. I am not wearing it!

Me:....ok...um that's not a thing...so you need to wear your mask.

Karen: I am not! Who's your supervisor?

Me: *it's the weekend, there's no SP* yeah it's just me.

Karen: F**K off, you chink!

Me: Ok, this conversation is over. We will not be treating you today, please leave.

The EP and the PA I was working with backed me up on it so Karen stormed off.

One of the reasons why I left ER as a nurse 10 years ago.

Reactions: 2 users
So can we call all the black women in these protests who are screaming at the top of their lungs trying to incite violence and hurling rocks at police... can we call them shaniquas. They are acting crazy and on pure emotion and just legit off their rocker. No we can NOT... because that would be racist. I just stay away from it all and just call all of them idiots, why get into the racial stuff, it doesn’t help anyone in the long run and it plays in to the hands of identity politics which to me is one of the driving forces that is destroying this country that I love!!

Wow you’re really triggered. Also can you provide proof of your racial example?

Wow you’re really triggered. Also can you provide proof of your racial example?
1593986871089.jpeg

Hahah and yea just turn on any outlet of news or blog and witness a woman standing in front of the police screaming and yelling at them. One of my fav examples

And trust me I’m the least triggered of any individual... yuh see I’m not a liberal, I don’t let my emotions do it’s talking for me... quite a realist :) And last example for your troubled soul...

My last post on this thread before I leave and just enjoy my weekend... there is no reason to create a slur that is purely intended to target one race group, it’s not ok to do to blacks, or Asians or brown or white people. The are enough verbs, adjectives and nouns already in our vernacular to ridicule stupid people, without have to create a brand to racial epithet ... stupid actually being one of those words we can use!!! Happy 4th of July to you all and to the greasiest nation on this earth!!!

Last edited:
Due to the substabtial concentration of SARS-COV-2 in COVID Karen’s urine...people are already on the vent in Sacramento county as a result of this act.

Reactions: 4 users
Welcome to what Black women have had to go through for decades. You using "Shaniqua" to describe black women acting a certain way is the same way "Karen" is used to describe white women acting a certain way. You've associated "Shaniqua" with a black woman showing emotion even though you recognize it's racist to do so
Yes, it initially started as a joke but it's real now because society is now exposing (those) white women for what they really are.
And white people have never been oppressed before so it's really laughable how a name is now a 'slur' lol.

Welcome to what Black women have had to go through for decades. You using "Shaniqua" to describe black women acting a certain way is the same way "Karen" is used to describe white women acting a certain way. You've associated "Shaniqua" with a black woman showing emotion even though you recognize it's racist to do so
Yes, it initially started as a joke but it's real now because society is now exposing (those) white women for what they really are.
And white people have never been oppressed before so it's really laughable how a name is now a 'slur' lol.
A pejorative term for someone based on skin color. That is the definition of a racial slur.

And, white people have never been oppressed? Ever read any history about the Irish in the US in the 1800s? It's not a competition to see who had it the worst. Oh, and, recall 6 million Europeans that weren't used for labor - just attempted genocide.

Using any slurs isn't acceptable. Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Reactions: 3 users

Yes no white people have been oppressed. Hard to think of a single group of people.

A pejorative term for someone based on skin color. That is the definition of a racial slur.

And, white people have never been oppressed? Ever read any history about the Irish in the US in the 1800s? It's not a competition to see who had it the worst. Oh, and, recall 6 million Europeans that weren't used for labor - just attempted genocide.

Using any slurs isn't acceptable. Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

So you're saying 'Karen' is just as bad as the n-word, or the racial slur for Hispanic or Asians?!
There's a reason you can say Karen but have to say the n-word instead of the actual word.

Of course it's not oppression Olympics but you can't sit there and tell me that Caucasians have it hard because of the color of their skin. The groups you mentioned have now been able to climb out of the oppression they faced long ago. Black people are still attempting to do that and are still being faced with social, medical and economic barriers to self-actualization.

• Dislike
Words have no more power over us than meaning and power we assign to them. Wake up! I don’t give a damn about any racial slur. Fire the hell away.

So you're saying 'Karen' is just as bad as the n-word, or the racial slur for Hispanic or Asians?!
There's a reason you can say Karen but have to say the n-word instead of the actual word.

Of course it's not oppression Olympics but you can't sit there and tell me that Caucasians have it hard because of the color of their skin. The groups you mentioned have now been able to climb out of the oppression they faced long ago. Black people are still attempting to do that and are still being faced with social, medical and economic barriers to self-actualization.
Using any slurs isn't acceptable. That's what I said. It's not a competition. That's what I said. What you are engaging in is a fallacy (although not named - I discussed this with a philosophy professor) - "if you are not as X as I am, you are not X at all". Replace X with Jewish, rich, and woke, as I've heard all. I did not engage in that. You are making the assumption that it is as bad as the other. Make a comparison to crimes. Petty theft is a much smaller crime than murder. It's like that with these slurs.

But you are moving the goalposts. The Irish DID have it hard. I did NOT say that they do now. You made the tense present.

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. But, people that see oppression see it everywhere.

Can one replace shaniqua with a different black name and not have it be a racial slur?

or Karen for that matter?

what happens if shaniqua or Karen is really doing some dumb **** and we want to tease them? How do we tease these people without it being a racial slur?

Last edited:
Simple you just call them one one of the plethora of insults that already exist... dope, idiot, *******, *****, stupid, ignoramus, nincompoop, etc etc etc!

Simple you just call them one one of the plethora of insults that already exist... dope, idiot, *******, *****, stupid, ignoramus, nincompoop, etc etc etc!
None of those are specific to "entitled women who blow minor stuff out of proportion due to their own narcissism"

How about calling her/him!!! You entitled little piece of ****!!! I mean we pride ourselves on being an educated group, come up with an educated insult for crying out loud lol! Sure dumb yourself down by using an obvious racial slur, it’s a racial slur in its infancy stage but I’m not looking forward to seeing it evolve into a common vernacular term.

How about calling her/him!!! You entitled little piece of ****!!! I mean we pride ourselves on being an educated group, come up with an educated insult for crying out loud lol! Sure dumb yourself down by using an obvious racial slur, it’s a racial slur in its infancy stage but I’m not looking forward to seeing it evolve into a common vernacular term.
A) Its too late, pretty sure its already a common vernacular term if a bunch of random doctors know about it

B) Its not an obvious racial slur just because you think it is and keep saying it is.

c) I think Karen actually is quite clever, the one Karen I personally know fits this to a T. Not sure how you would do an educated insult in the first place.

I just don't understand why this is the hill people want to die on.

Karen is literally a name. The use of 'Karen' as a term referring to narcissistic privileged busybody women literally has existed for less than a year and is mostly used among a small subset of the population. Hell, many 'Karens' likely are unaware that the term even exists, just as many are unaware of their own narcissistic behaviour. Honestly, the majority of people I hear using the term Karen are white millenials - I don't really know any Black people who non-ironically use that term in day to day speech.

Ironically, calling this term a racial slur just reeks of the same victim mentality that many accuse so called SJWs of. Regardless of where you stand on our broken political spectrum hopefully we can all agree that there are 108898786 more important things we could be worried about right now and that throwing a tantrum over being called 'Karen' or being asked 'where are you from' or any one of the non-issues that seem to take up space in our collective consciousness is a massive f*cking waste of time.

Uncle Tom was literally a name...

Side note as someone who happens to be a religious minority in the world, there’s no such thing as a name when used as an attack. Sorry that most of you never got to experience what a name could mean and evolve into when hurled against someone with the sole purpose of being pejorative... and trust me I’m too right leaning to be a sjw, I just know when something does and doesn’t pass the kosher sniff test!!

• Hmm
Dude.
I work on the gulf coast of Florida.
The United States Capital of Old People.

They do this **** ALL THE TIME.
I walk into a room, and both Grandpa and Grandma BOOMER have their masks under their chins.
Neither is clear as to why they're here.

I go into the closet that has all of the procedure-stuff in it, and I scream.
I go to my car, after my shift.
And I drive across the street to the convenience store.
I buy some booze.
I drive to the golf course around the corner from my house (parking lot is less than a half mile from my front door)
and I drink.
The radio is nice, on my phone, outside the car, sitting and looking at the driving range.
"Robbledy ROBBLEdy robble, LOcal NEWS."
Try sitting on the driving range when nobody else is there. Its strange, but its fun.
I'd rather fight shadow-enemies and punch them all down than be at home and be mad at my family.
I go home.
Its okay.
I fall asleep.
I wake up the next morning, and say to myself: "Okay, how am I going to do this all again?"
You sound crispy again. I don't do ER but I get my share (not as close as bad though). If you read through my posts you will see I use humor with everything. I told you before you keep looking for reasonable people and find them few and far between. I love your humor looking back but hear me out. I challenge you to use that humor in the moment for 10 total idiotic patients over next week, but be nice-ish. Example with the patient who wanted you to wipe your stethoscope again:
Entitled PT: RustedFox please wipe that stethoscope even if you already did because I want to see it.
RustedFox: Sure it sure could use it after what I used it for last night! (wait for it)
RustedFox: LOL just kidding but sure (wiping stethscope)
RustedFox: (Using stethoscope) (entitledpt hopefully laughed and is at ease) Now if you want to talk dirty you should see the last 3 patients I used these gloves on!
Something like that, I know you have the humor in you, let it out!

Side note as someone who happens to be a religious minority in the world, there’s no such thing as a name when used as an attack. Sorry that most of you never got to experience what a name could mean and evolve into when hurled against someone with the sole purpose of being pejorative... and trust me I’m too right leaning to be a sjw, I just know when something does and doesn’t pass the kosher sniff test!!
Yeah, good thing that's never happened to anyone in this thread, right @Lexdiamondz ?

• Haha

Pretty sure Uncle Tom doesnt mean what you think it means. Also, it's not a racial slur

I'm working on a new invention that monetizes being offended. Anytime anyone other than me gets offended, I get paid 10 cents. My estimates indicate that once this machine is up and running, I'll be able to retire within 6 minutes.

What I meant was they fortunately didn't kill all of them. I meant genocide as a completed act. However, I think that you have changed my perception. Thank you!

Yeah I mean the word genocide was literally created in 1944 to describe the Holocaust.

Edit: in case anyone is curious: What is Genocide?

Last edited:
  • Hmm
I was thinking that, too, but the philosophy prof delineated why it was something different.

Yeah the no true Scotsman fallacy is an appeal to purity. It literally is like

A: no Scotsman does X
B: my uncle is a Scotsman and he does X
A: well no true Scotsman does X

meaning that the uncle in B is not a real Scotsman because he does X.

What you’re describing seems more like a continuum fallacy.

I actually think COVID Karen is quite clever. They could have said COVID Peggy or COVID Melissa....just doesn’t have that ring.