• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

CPJE-help please!

jmail

2+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2017
  1. Pharmacist
Hey guys,
Will you please help me out?

Ive been a retail Rph for the last 10 years and decided to move to California. So I have to take the CPJE...
I am a bit rusty with many things, unfortunately....

1) What should I study? Wiesman's book? Anything else?

2) My friend said she studied only top 300 drugs... Is that enough for the test?

3) Is it possible to take the test in Phoenix? Or do I have to drive to California?

4) Is it true that if you fail 4 times then you have to do some CE? And then how many attempts do people have?

5) Ive heard the exam was clinical. What does it mean clinical? Lots of drug interactions? Lots of IV preparation questions? Vanco dosing? What do they mean by clinical?

Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2020
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
1. Id say you need something for clinical review like pharmacy charts, rxprep

2. In my opinion multiple resources needed

3.not reqd to take in ca, you can take in your state granted they have a testing center and dates available

4. 4 tries allowed I believe. I think after that they require 16 credit hours/classes to be taken as remediation? Someone correct me if I’m wrong

5. Clinical as in Recognizing correct dosing, indications, side effects, iv compatibility, dose conversion, therapeutic recommendations/interchange and more

Upvote 0

jecpharm89

May 10, 2015
  1. Pharmacist
1. Id say you need something for clinical review like pharmacy charts, rxprep

2. In my opinion multiple resources needed

3.not reqd to take in ca, you can take in your state granted they have a testing center and dates available

4. 4 tries allowed I believe. I think after that they require 16 credit hours/classes to be taken as remediation? Someone correct me if I’m wrong

5. Clinical as in Recognizing correct dosing, indications, side effects, iv compatibility, dose conversion, therapeutic recommendations/interchange and more
I’m using rxprep to brush for the clinical stuff and plan to study hard for this test. How much math is there on cpje compared to the naplex?

Upvote 0
About the Ads

sulking247

5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2015
  1. Pharmacist
I’m using rxprep to brush for the clinical stuff and plan to study hard for this test. How much math is there on cpje compared to the naplex?

CPJE doesn't have as much math as NAPLEX, but if it's been a while since you've taken the NAPLEX, then I would recommend brushing up on simple calculations (CrCl, flow rates, simple conversions, ANC, etc).

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.