CPJE-help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmail

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Will you please help me out?

Ive been a retail Rph for the last 10 years and decided to move to California. So I have to take the CPJE...
I am a bit rusty with many things, unfortunately....

1) What should I study? Wiesman's book? Anything else?

2) My friend said she studied only top 300 drugs... Is that enough for the test?

3) Is it possible to take the test in Phoenix? Or do I have to drive to California?

4) Is it true that if you fail 4 times then you have to do some CE? And then how many attempts do people have?

5) Ive heard the exam was clinical. What does it mean clinical? Lots of drug interactions? Lots of IV preparation questions? Vanco dosing? What do they mean by clinical?

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Id say you need something for clinical review like pharmacy charts, rxprep

2. In my opinion multiple resources needed

3.not reqd to take in ca, you can take in your state granted they have a testing center and dates available

4. 4 tries allowed I believe. I think after that they require 16 credit hours/classes to be taken as remediation? Someone correct me if I’m wrong

5. Clinical as in Recognizing correct dosing, indications, side effects, iv compatibility, dose conversion, therapeutic recommendations/interchange and more

1. Id say you need something for clinical review like pharmacy charts, rxprep

2. In my opinion multiple resources needed

3.not reqd to take in ca, you can take in your state granted they have a testing center and dates available

4. 4 tries allowed I believe. I think after that they require 16 credit hours/classes to be taken as remediation? Someone correct me if I’m wrong

5. Clinical as in Recognizing correct dosing, indications, side effects, iv compatibility, dose conversion, therapeutic recommendations/interchange and more
I’m using rxprep to brush for the clinical stuff and plan to study hard for this test. How much math is there on cpje compared to the naplex?

I’m using rxprep to brush for the clinical stuff and plan to study hard for this test. How much math is there on cpje compared to the naplex?

CPJE doesn't have as much math as NAPLEX, but if it's been a while since you've taken the NAPLEX, then I would recommend brushing up on simple calculations (CrCl, flow rates, simple conversions, ANC, etc).