Other OT-Related Information CPR/AED/First Aid Certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luminosity

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently getting ready to apply this summer/fall and had a quick question about CPR/AED/First Aid Certifcations.. Does anyone know if certification through online/blended courses are accepted or does it have to be in a classroom setting?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the program. I did a simulation and had to attend a class for hands on training. I would contact the school and see. I also only did the adult cpr/aed and was accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently getting ready to apply this summer/fall and had a quick question about CPR/AED/First Aid Certifcations.. Does anyone know if certification through online/blended courses are accepted or does it have to be in a classroom setting?

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I would check each program you are applying to. My program specifically wanted American Heart Association BLS for CPR, but they did not care about where I got my first aid certification. I know a few people in the program had to re-do the CPR class because they did not take the right one. So just double check before you pay for a class. Good luck! :)

I got certified through CPRToday and my program accepted it because the course is AHA approved. It's the cheapest and fastest course I could find, however, there is no in classroom component. It took about a half hour to read everything in the modules, take the test, and print out my card. If you don't need a refresher you could always skip straight to the test.