Crazy Exp?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroTyler

Pre-Med Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize for the numerous posts, one of which was moved against my will. At this point I just want to shoot the poop with some other premeds, because most of my friends are interested in enjoying their twenties and kissing school goodbye.

In light of this, I ask you: have any of you had any crazy experiences in preparing for medical school admissions? Perhaps a meth-head attacking you in your ER volunteer work, or your MCAT turning into a grueling Pong match for your life?

Let it be known.

Members don't see this ad.

dude you have been on this forum for a whopping 2 hrs, have started 4 pointless threads (an avg of 2/hr) and have so far amassed 36 less than useful posts. please take a chill pill and use the search function before you make a new thread. all of the topics you've mentioned have been discussed in great detail in other parts of the forum.

Over-under 50 posts before OP is banned?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been drinking a bit, I'll give him a fighting chance. Over.

Two of the posts you mention are nearly identical, a point I addressed in the heading of this thread, so that takes it down to three posts, really.

The posts aside from this were results stemming from my ignorance of the functionality of this website. Now that I understand that this website has different domains for different posts, I wished to start anew, hence the apology in the heading. I was told in my very first post that one of the functions of this website is to shoot the ****. That's all I'm trying to do here. You just flipped out on me for something I explained in the very first paragraph.

Man...people and their forums...

A lot of experienced people told you to calm down and take a break.

At this point I'd listen to them.

Excuse me, one of the functions of this *particular forum* is to shoot the ****.

I spend way too much time on this site than I should be. It was hard enough to stop going to my old site, but now this is my new addiction. And unfortunately, this site is much more useful than the older one I browsed.

I apologize for the numerous posts, one of which was moved against my will.
:rolleyes:
I spend way too much time on this site than I should be. It was hard enough to stop going to my old site, but now this is my new addiction. And unfortunately, this site is much more useful than the older one I browsed.
:rofl:

Here's what has gone down:

1. Find a website to ask very specific questions to which I can't find very fitting answers.

2. Post a question.

3. Be told I posted in the wrong forum.

4. Try another forum and have my post moved back to the original.

5. Give up on trying to ask specific questions and just try to converse with peers.

6. Still on the wrong forum.

1. Find a website to ask very specific questions to which I can't find very fitting answers.

2. Post a question.

5. Give up on trying to ask specific questions and just try to converse with peers.

The problem, it's you.

here's what has gone down:

1. Find a website to ask very specific questions to which i can't find very fitting answers.

2. Post a question.

3. Be told i posted in the wrong forum.

I will be your friend neurotyler. I will step up to the plate for this deed. What is up, friend? I like your avatar. I once helped deliver a baby. It was awesome.

2. Post a question.

You need to hit alt+F4 before you post to tag your post for the correct forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe, or maybe it's the fact that there are so many arbitrary rules to something that should be simple: I ask a question, someone who is qualified answers objectively, not with a smug opinion that I'm just an excited greenhorn.

Browsing imageboards all day does some damage. Especially psychological. A forum "meant for medicine" (and I use that loosely) is infinitely better. Though it takes up just as much time :(

No soup has it right; all I was looking for was a forum buddy. Was that so difficult?

Joining a new forum is like being hazed to get into a fraternity. The pros feel better by enforcing their age-old rules on the noobs that have absolutely no idea about their random laws.

Oh, good. Maybe I can look up "Why is everyone taking great offense to conversation bait, even though it appears that this website is mostly used for pointless bickering about something that the poster of the thread had no intention to discuss?"

Joining a new forum is like being hazed to get into a fraternity. The pros feel better by enforcing their age-old rules on the noobs that have absolutely no idea about their random laws.

In the old days of the Internet, it was considered to be good form to lurk for awhile in a newsgroup (those things that predated Web forums) to get a feel for what was acceptable and what wasn't before posting and contributing.

Then came Eternal September. Sadly, we'll never escape it.

I didn't get hazed at all when I joined SDN...Now I feel like I got gypped.

I've already given up. I am greatly outnumbered by the forumites.

In the old days of the Internet, it was considered to be good form to lurk for awhile in a newsgroup (those things that predated Web forums) to get a feel for what was acceptable and what wasn't before posting and contributing.

Then came Eternal September. Sadly, we'll never escape it.

A thousand times this.

This one time, at band camp... err I mean while volunteering, a meth head from the ER attacked me the day before my MCAT which turned into a grueling Pong match for my life.

This one time, at band camp... err I mean while volunteering, a meth head from the ER attacked me the day before my MCAT which turned into a grueling Pong match for my life.

Same thing totally happened to me. Except I was volunteering in a clinic AT band camp. Crazy, right? Tell me about it.

Oh, good. Maybe I can look up "Why is everyone taking great offense to conversation bait, even though it appears that this website is mostly used for pointless bickering about something that the poster of the thread had no intention to discuss?"

Well, you may not have been here long, but you certainly hit the nail on the head with that one. See, you're learning already. :thumbup:

To your original question, once when I was volunteering in the NICU a baby threw up on me. Crazy exciting, huh!

If you don't want to see a thread because it has already been created then DON'T READ IT! People putting this forum on a pedastal...

OP: I was volunteering at a hospital near my school and I walked into a patient's room to check up on him. I forget the original dialogue, but I kept trying to have a conversation with this patient and he wasn't being very receptive. He finally said, "Come back later, I'm taking a piss." How did I miss that?

SeriousThreadCat.jpg

Internetz is srs bizness. Everyone post serious replies or gtfo.

If you don't want to see a thread because it has already been created then DON'T READ IT! People putting this forum on a pedastal...

OP: I was volunteering at a hospital near my school and I walked into a patient's room to check up on him. I forget the original dialogue, but I kept trying to have a conversation with this patient and he wasn't being very receptive. He finally said, "Come back later, I'm taking a piss." How did I miss that?

Neurotyler as your friend I must warn you that this thread is spiraling out of control and towards a new level of awesomeness.

Seriously though, am I the only person (besides the OP) who thinks this site is glorified? People shouldn't be afraid to ask questions here and if other SDNers don't have any serious advice/feedback/whatever, they shouldn't respond. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Seriously though, am I the only person (besides the OP) who thinks this site is glorified? People shouldn't be afraid to ask questions here and if other SDNers don't have any serious advice/feedback/whatever, they shouldn't respond. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Probably. What I've seen here is no different from many other Internet forums. It's not unique to SDN; it's not a "glorification" of the site.

I was about to type a long explanation as to why that is but, here's a summary: Welcome to the internet. Sorry :/

I don't see how the site is being glorified.

People that ask dumb questions or generally don't understand how the community works won't be taken seriously and will likely get smartass comments and responses.

I think my questions have been far from dumb, lofty perhaps, in the "wrong" forum, perhaps, but not dumb. I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love with NoSoup. Just saying. And to those defending my position of wanting simple answers to very direct questions, I thank you.

I thank you for your legitimate post, and for defending my position here. Why toil in arguing over something you think is foolish?

As for the missed piss, I really don't know how you could have missed it, but I love that you did.

Well, you may not have been here long, but you certainly hit the nail on the head with that one. See, you're learning already. :thumbup:

To your original question, once when I was volunteering in the NICU a baby threw up on me. Crazy exciting, huh!

I thank you. Sorry about the puke.

A gun was pulled out by Patient A at the free clinic I was volunteering at since Patient B was looking (in some unacceptable fashion) at Patient A.

Woah, I'm sure the day ended with him being taken away in a police cab.