Crazy whacky AACOMAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was reading a thread in pre-allo about how AMCAS standardizes grades. It was suggested that basically the grade on your transcript is the grade you get when you apply.

My school has the plus system but not the minus, so a B+ = 3.50. It was suggested that a 3.50 will be used when calculating my GPA instead of a 3.30. Can anyone confirm or deny this, because it changes both of my GPAs by a crapload since I have a lot of +'s.

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly can't remember what I put down for my pluses. I think AMCAS does that for you automatically. I remember it being funky cause here at UT a B+ is a 3.5 but at the University of Albany a B+ is a 3.3 and an A- is a 3.7. Your right...it does make a big difference. You might want to check out when you put your gades in the quality points it give you. Either that or call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to UF and we had the A, B+, B... and the pluses were worth 0.5 for the AACOMAS and for the AMCAS.

Thanks for the heads up; my science GPA was seriously affected. I also found out I could count physiological psych as biology. My science GPA ended up increasing by 0.09 points. :clap: